Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Was This a Good Buy? Mathews LX >

Was This a Good Buy? Mathews LX

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Was This a Good Buy? Mathews LX

Old 09-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Was This a Good Buy? Mathews LX

Today I bought a gently used Mathews LX for $265 from a guy that was in need of some cash. It has a brand new string but aside from that it's the bare bow. Some of you may remember me posting a couple days ago about a Mathews Q2 I was looking at, but when I came across this today it just seemed right. I may be out a little bit more in the long run after adding accessories, but I kind of like the fact that I can set it up the way I want it from the beginning. Also, after researching a little bit I got the impression that most thought the LX was a slight upgrade from the Q2. Maybe someone can confirm this or just tell me I got a good deal? This will be my first year bowhunting so I'm really excited to get started. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

One of the best bows I ever shot was a Mq1. With new string on it, its a great buy IMO. That bow was 800$ bow when it hit the market back in the day. I know a hunter that still uses there orginal mathews just because that has always worked for him, " so hes says "why change?" Great buy and enjoy it. I used a Hoyt razortec for a long time and loved it. I still try to buy a new bow every 2 years or so. Basically what I do is sell it for about half of what I payed for it to help pay for a new bow. Technology just keep getting better and better. I shooting nothing but a Hoyt now. Its a good luck brand for me.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

That is a good price on a good bow. Take it to your local pro shop, have them help you get setup and start practicing! good purchase in my opinion
Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reminds me of my old FX bow I still shoot ,this one must be a newer model than mine. What year did they make the LX? Sounds like a good deal to me,I paid 250.00 for my FX 3 years or so ago and I like mine a lot.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I believe this is an 05 model, I think they were made 03-05. The bow is on it's way now, along with the following accessories. If anyone has any experience with these let me know what you think.

-Whisker Biscuit Killshot Rest
-NAP Apache 8" Stabilizer
-TruGlo Carbon XS Sights
-Alpine 5 arrow quiver
Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

I believe the LX first came out in 2002 or 2003. New to 2005 was the switchback. Either way it was a good deal. Q2 was also a great bow. I shot mine for 7 years before I bought my Z7
Old 09-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't go wrong if it's a Mathews....
Old 09-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Spike

You bought a great bow, and at a good price. I bought one new in 04 and I still use it and love it.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
trs
Spike

I agree you bought a great bow at a great price. I shoot a FX which is about 10 yrs old and it still shoots just as good today as it did when I got it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Well the bow came in today and it looks awesome. I haven't got to shoot it yet because I'm still waiting on a rest and sights but it has a smooth draw and a very solid back wall. Also, the letoff is incredible. I've been shooting my dad's old Pearson bow and that thing doesnt even hold a candle to this Mathews! Like I said, this is my first bow so I'm sure the new stuff is even better but compared to other bows I've used this one is head and shoulders above the rest. Can't wait to set it up and start shooting. I can't stop playing with this thing! haha