Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand. >

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

If ya dont wanna be around me after readin these post...then i have made my point....it is disturbing to me so many take up for theives......birds of a feather i guess.....i fuggin hate theives and i wish they would all die in the act of stealing to send the message to the rest of you theives.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Come on Half. I have read enough of what you have written to know that you a not a dumb guy. These people are not taking up for thieves or even thieves themselves. They are just in disagrement with how it was handled. I hate thieves also. I have had plenty of stuff taken but even at my maddest point I would not shoot the guy who took my treestand. Let's just clear this up, just because I don't want to kill someone over a peice of hunting equiptment does not make me a thief myself.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's true that the guy shot the man for stealing a stand then he should go to jail for many years. This is uncalled for. A person could easily kill someone even with a leg shot. Are we going to start shooting someone for trespassing now also.

I think some of you are just being internet tough guys any way but it's stupid to say it's justified in doing that.

I'm all for using deadly force if it's needed. I don't think you should have to run or hide but have the right to protect your life. Not inflict judgement on anyone that pi$$es you off.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Taking up for thieves??? I hate thieves. I'm not stupid though....i know the difference between self-defense and attempted murder, which is exactly what i'll be charged with if i go shootin someone in the leg from behind.

Hold someone at gunpoint till I can call the po po....maybe. Shoot them from behind.... not me, I'll pass on the jail cell.

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 10-05-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
If ya dont wanna be around me after readin these post...then i have made my point....it is disturbing to me so many take up for theives......birds of a feather i guess.....i fuggin hate theives and i wish they would all die in the act of stealing to send the message to the rest of you theives.
Your post is the only thing that is disturbing. In some countries they will break the arm of a starving child or cut his hand off for stealing a few scraps of food. Something tells me that you would see that as appropriate. Your lack of justifiable reasoning bewilders me. God help you if one of your kids ever gets mistaken for a thief by some trigger happy Texan.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

i smell bull ****e.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

ha I can't believe this thread is still alive!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
in the Great State of TeXaS, we have the right to defend our property with deadly force...maybe yall should just give the guy your addresses so they know where to get an easy score, when they get there, you can play a good trick and tell them there is another easy score over at haf's house...hahaha..that'd be a good one!
You may have the right to defend your property with lethal force but I doubt this covers a tree stand on someone elses land. The legal and civil results could be severe.