Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand. >

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

I think that he needs to practice a little more and read a few threads. Poor position, poor placement, no tracking skills, etc. All joking aside, stealing really really makes me angry. I cannot see me drawing the bow but an altercation might be difficult to avoid.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by niehenke
I think that he needs to practice a little more and read a few threads. Poor position, poor placement, no tracking skills, etc. All joking aside, stealing really really makes me angry. I cannot see me drawing the bow but an altercation might be difficult to avoid.
lmao...yeah he shoulda kept looking for him too funny
Old 09-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 1979 buckhunter
If it was his property and properly posted I see no wrong doing. If he has kids I hope he teaches them not to steal and end up crippled like him. This all could have been avoided by not messing with something that don't belong to him. For everyone that thinks justice was not served, think of something you own that you would not want to part with. Now let someone come and steal it and reply back to this thread after you call the police and let them handle it to get your property back.
I guess it depends on your value system. To me a tree stand is not worth a man's life, not even my car. My wife and children are another story. But I am not going to change any minds. If you want to kill someone over a tree stand feel free to do so. I don't steal so I don't have to worry about getting killed.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

I doubt this story is completely true, but thieves take note: some people you steal from might not be in their right state of mind and you might get more than you intended on.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ty, exactly the message i am sending.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

This story was made up LOL anyone shot in the back of the knee with a broadhead...is pretty much done..first the pain..then the shock..then you will bleed to death..like a deer.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by glockman55
I doubt this story is completely true, but thieves take note: some people you steal from might not be in their right state of mind and you might get more than you intended on.

Especially in Arkansas or Texas where they have more tree stands than common sense.

Bottom line: Get they guy's plates and let law enforcement handle it. Stand recovered, bad guy gets the rap, and you don't go to jail for shooting someone in the back over a petty property crime (and you will, even in Texas, tough guy).
Old 10-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you kidding me! He shot a guy with a Bow for trying to steal a treestand!!! WOW!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

both acts were uncalled for, but shooting someone is taking it wayyy to far.

Halfbaked I'm really glad i don't hunt around you, or live around you for that matter.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

delete post

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 01-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.