Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand. >

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Alltlk4
You may not have handled it the same way, however you say it did make your day to hear it. I am sure you were happy that the guy was caught but not happy that he was injured. If true that guy could lose his leg or if he did not go to a hospitol he could die of infection. If all of this is true someone could have died over $150 tree stand. Not sure that I could live with that on my shoulders.
Yes I agree I just found it amusing at the time that the thief thought it would be good idea to get a free tree stand and he ended up getting more than he bargain for.

I would have never wasted a sharp blade on my broadhead in that situation.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Good I am glad that is how you feel. I understand how you feel about thieves. I am sure we all have the same opinions and would love to catch someone in the act. We could write books about all the stuff we have had stolen.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

true or not true....
some say the stand is not worth killing someone over....
i look at it like this....
its not worth your life to steel my stand, so dont take the chance...
i think its fugged up that people are basically defending the theves saying ya shouldnt kill them over it...maybe they should choose a different line of work!!??
Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think anyone is defending the thief. I think that the feeling is the punishment is not worth the crime. I am not going to take a shot at someone when I know that I could spend a good deal of time in prison for killing him. Weather you think it is justified or not, a court will decide if you go to jail. You have a right to feel how you want but I think placing an arrow in the back of someones knee is a little over the top for some attempted theft. I would proabably choose the "hey what the hell you think you are doing route" That will proably not land you in jail.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

in the Great State of TeXaS, we have the right to defend our property with deadly force...maybe yall should just give the guy your addresses so they know where to get an easy score, when they get there, you can play a good trick and tell them there is another easy score over at haf's house...hahaha..that'd be a good one!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Well you have fun sitting in your front yard and shooting anybody who steals your garden gnome's.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was it a pass through?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Spike

If there is any truth to this story I'd suggest anyone who knows either party to inform the appropriate authorities. There's a lot of reasons we have to fight for our rights to hunt and use/own the tools we do it with. This is one of those reasons.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they would bring back public hangings, crime would go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down.
If the crooks know they will get killed for entering the premises, they will stay away.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by razor6570
I don't believe this story!

If you shoot anyone with a broadhead anywhere. There will be in need of a hospital!
i totally agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.