Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand. >

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

I think the guy needs to work on shot placement personally, and if he shot a rage it would have likely cut his entire leg off ; )
Old 09-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Fork Horn

I don't believe this story!

If you shoot anyone with a broadhead anywhere. There will be in need of a hospital!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did not happen - good story for getting responces though.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kyboydbowhunter
.... but a muzzy 100 grain fixed blade arrow in his leg
If he had been shooting a rage 2 blade, the outcome would have been much different
Old 09-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Highly unlikely story in the op. I don't even know why I'm bothering to comment...

-fsh
Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

I doubt it is true but you guys have to know there are some real stupid people out there. Not a lot suprises me anymore.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

BS story.......
Old 09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whether this story is true or not, lets break this down into the main line of the topic.

Originally Posted by kyboydbowhunter
This story made my day when I heard it.
What kind of "hunter" would ever find joy in this? With so many accidents that have happened through hunting, why would this ever come into thought about doing to someone. Even if they may be stealing or trespassing? And yet some physical harm may be done to someone and they let him crawl away? Sounds like grounds to be tossed in prison. "He" in no way should be classified as a hunter and someone who thinks s#!* like this is the way to handle it shouldn't be classified as one either. Show me people that get busted for stuff like that and that will make my day!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mottz
Whether this story is true or not, lets break this down into the main line of the topic.

What kind of "hunter" would ever find joy in this? With so many accidents that have happened through hunting, why would this ever come into thought about doing to someone. Even if they may be stealing or trespassing? And yet some physical harm may be done to someone and they let him crawl away? Sounds like grounds to be tossed in prison. "He" in no way should be classified as a hunter and someone who thinks s#!* like this is the way to handle it shouldn't be classified as one either. Show me people that get busted for stuff like that and that will make my day!
I take it you have never had something stolen that you have worked months to save up for?
I personally would never handle it that way. It was simply a story I heard.

"He" in no way should be classified as a hunter and someone who thinks s#!* like this is the way to handle it shouldn't be classified as one either.

Last edited by kyboydbowhunter; 09-28-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spell
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

You may not have handled it the same way, however you say it did make your day to hear it. I am sure you were happy that the guy was caught but not happy that he was injured. If true that guy could lose his leg or if he did not go to a hospitol he could die of infection. If all of this is true someone could have died over $150 tree stand. Not sure that I could live with that on my shoulders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.