Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand. >

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Spike

Default Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.

I just got word that a guy that I went to school with came out to hunt his grandparents land only to find a guy attempting to steal his tree stand. Remarkably he shot the man in the back of the knee cap and left him. Later to see him crawling to his buddy get away truck without a stand but a muzzy 100 grain fixed blade arrow in his leg.
This story made my day when I heard it.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Bahahah... Serves the guy right, but hope the police were able to take it from there.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

If true, the guy that shot him could be in a lot of trouble...
Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

X2....Fact he should not have been stealing the stand,but, what the other guy did was not called for. Yeah he was caught stealing the stand but the punishment did not fit the crime. My .02 cents

CVG Ohio
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please post a link to the news article. If this happened, it did make the news.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Please post a link to the news article. If this happened, it did make the news.
No, it did not make the news. The guy that shot him would not turn and himself in? I am assuming the guy that was stealing the stand did not want to call up the sheriffs department and say "Hi, I was trespassing as well as 4th degree burglary and criminal possession of burglary tool (lock cutters and crow bar). 3 charges" I assume he already had a track record too. He was caught on camera too.

I am not friends of the person that shot them just know of them from high school.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Two words, attempted murder. Broadheads are very lethal for a reason. They open up veins to bleed the kill quickly even on poor shots. The guy is an idiot, not to mention has no balls. No stand is worth killing someone over.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guy who shot him would be in pretty big trouble if the guy who was shot was found. You are not allowed to use deadly force unless you feel like your life was in danger. Being shot in the back of the knee shows he wasn't facing the person so the person who shot was not showing aggression. I can't see how a tree stand is worth killing someone over. The guy doing the shooting would get a lot more jail time than a guy stealing a tree stand if the story took place like you say. I would certainly be mad if I saw someone stealing my stand but not enough to draw on or even let an arrow fly.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

that is rediculous!! i mean, needless to say , anyone caught on any of my properties would deal with some hellacious verbal/physical actions but...shooting the guy!? you would be torched in a second via legal system!! lol holy balls, if thats true thats nuts
Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I agree with most. No different than using a gun even if he didn't intend to kill the guy. He could get jail time and the criminal could even sue him. It happens all the time. Wrong? Hell yes but not worth killing over. Sounds like a real tough guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.