Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Huntng superstitions >

Huntng superstitions

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Huntng superstitions

Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Huntng superstitions

We all know that bowhunters can be a superstitious bunch. Thought it would be fun to hear everyone's superstitions.

For me I always wear the same hat when I go bowhunting. It's a Mossyoak boonie hat that I got back in 00. Also, when I buy new arrows I select the best one and set it aside. I call it my virgin arrow. The first time the arrow is shot is at a deer. Most recently I made a good luck charm. I had an old pair of my Dad's camo pants from back in 64. I cut a piece of the fabric and sewed it together. I then put some stuffin in it and made a lil pillow. I keep it in my pack. It's nice to have something of my Dad's with me when Im out hunting. Took it with me for early doe season last friday and got my nanny on the ground at 830 am. Guess there is a lil luck in it.

Well lets hear what you got.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I think this is an awesome thread.

For me its a Team Realtree hat my dad bought for me when I was 12, I have never gone on a hunt without it. I will even let my face and neck freeze because I refuse to take it off to put on my neck guard. A little crazy i know.
I also put my right sock and shoe on 1st. that's not a hunting thing that's just me in general.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

My biggest superstition is washing my clothes and scent control... I absolutely refuse to wash any of my hunting clothes until I am busted. Once I am busted I start the ritual over until the next time... I went ALL year last year without getting pinged by a whitetail, never snorted or blown at... Cant wait to get back into those clothes in 9 days they haven't been washed in a year and the tote was only opened once to ensure all of my gear was in there!

Note: They still smell like the day I first sprayed em down!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MISwampDog
Also, when I buy new arrows I select the best one and set it aside. I call it my virgin arrow. The first time the arrow is shot is at a deer.
I do the same. At the beginning of the season I select the best arrow, and place it in the quiver. From then until I kill a deer or at the end of the season, I never pull a different arrow.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:26 AM
Spike

This thread is awesome!
For me i refuse to bring anything that says i will harvest a deer into the woods with him me. Such as a knife or zip ties or drag rope or anything. And to put our tags on our deer everyone cuts there boot laces on there left boot only. Its funny when you look at all our boots they are all cut up.

Last edited by bowhuntertilldeath; 09-23-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

i always wear the same hat while bowhunting and always pull the 3rd arrow in my quiver. and i always bring a arrow with a different broadhead, dont know why but i always do. i use muzzy 3blade 100gr. normally and for 3yrs.i carried a muzzy max-4 and since last year i have been bringing a arrow with a 100gr. swacker. i think i may try the swacker out on the 1st doe i see this year.. come on next sat.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

I say a prayer to god telling him how lucky I am to be in the woods that particular day and to thank him. I try to let go of all the stress and worry with life and work and enjoy the opportunity he has given me. I feel like if I don't get that out of the way first I wont see anything or have a good day in the woods .
Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

I wear the same pair of pants I had on when I shot my first deer.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

My Grandfather gave me a buckeye when i was a younger and told me that it was lucky, idk why i bought into it but now every year while getting work done int the woods i find the biggest buckeye i can and will have it with me at all times when im hunting.
Routine is also everything, wake up to a lil debbie cake and gatorade, left sock-right sock, left pant leg- right pant leg, left boot- right boot. And i gotta get my game face on so i get the camo face paint out and go rambo on 'em ha
Old 09-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Spike

I'm very superstitious about making sure my release is on before i leave. have forgotten it to many times.

and as for a real superstition, im like bow hunter till death. I will not bring anything that says im going to get a deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.