Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Climber guys, what bow holder do you use? >

Climber guys, what bow holder do you use?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber guys, what bow holder do you use?

Old 09-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Climber guys, what bow holder do you use?

Well I was using a gorilla tree stand with the gun bar, kept my bow handy on a rail mount (hme). But had to switch to a open shot this year (hand climber summit) Cause I wanted some more freedom. I tryed the realtree 23" screw in bow holder, its ok.. get the job done. Anyone got a recommendation? I might try the 3 arm realtree one and see if I can get it sitting right where I would hold it. Going to be shooting downward aways so shouldnt get too much in the way. Also Ive got one I left in a tree that will will use alot, havent seen any very portable ones.. I stand mostly, and sit a little in my summit openshot. Lemme know if some of yall got it down to a science
Old 09-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a strap on the tree one from bass pro, has 4 hooks. Seemed kind a small at first but haven't been in a tree yet that was too big. Works well and a whole lt easier to install. Packs easy and doesn't have any sharp points. You can slide the hooks around the tree any where you want once it's strapped on. Don't need another but am always tempted to buy one everytime I pass one.

Isn't like the arm/screw in kind that lets you hang the bow for a quick grab, but fast enough if your a stander/watcher, perfect for you.

http://www.basspro.com/API-Outdoors-Treestand-Accessory-Kit/product/10207431/93459
Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use one that is attached to the top section of my climber and holds the bottom limb of the bow. I really like this for my climber since its one less thing to dink around with once you get the proper height.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Spike

This is the one I use, and I love it so far...

http://www.u-slide.com/
Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jmp51483
This is the one I use, and I love it so far...

http://www.u-slide.com/
Dig the design of that, but kinda still want it over head.. Im looking for the "quick grab" like someone above stated. I guess I'll probably achive this with a longer arm jointed type like this

Old 09-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Third Hand Archery Tree Stand Bow Holder - mounts to lower platform, holds the bottom limb so the grip is level with your seat height. Works great.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine clamps to the bottom part of my API,it's out of the way,stays on the stand and I can grab my bow making no noise or large movements while sitting down or standing.The arrow remains knocked in my whisker b. ready to raise and fire,it's rubber coated shaped like a U and the bow's limb and weight keep it in place. I've had no problems with it at all. I think it was 14.99 made by API.

Last edited by doetrain; 09-21-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

I just use a screw in step for my bow holder while in my climber. Works just fine. I hunt mostly private land and have forgot to take grab it before I started the decent. If lost cost is $2.00 or less.

CVG Ohio

Last edited by CVG Ohio; 09-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Spike

i use one of the plastic quick footstraps on my climber. it works great. you just flip it upside down and bolt it to the arm
Old 09-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Buy a better bow. I shoot an Oneida. The lower limb slips easily in either my front pocket while standing at the ready in the first or last hour an a half of sunlight. Deer comes by and I only need to raise it out of my pocket and into shooting position. It slips into the cargo pocket and rests on my shoulder in the ready during the off hours while waiting for that deer to move by.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.