Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I'm back boys and girls >

I'm back boys and girls

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm back boys and girls

Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm back boys and girls

Well after a short hiatus from bow hunting to get some property management in I've decided to hit it hard again this year.
The army of orange had decimated the population around me so I set out with one purpose in mind and that was to create a haven for the deer.
first i outlawed any gun hunting on my place.
second I needed a very detail idea of the deer still around. this took alot of trail cams and checking through the year and talking to farmers.
Third I spent countless hours planting plots and supplementing minerals.
I am pleasantly surprised with the results so far.

There is a really wide 8 that runs with this guy that we have only gotten a couple glimpses of. but i think this one will be my taret this year along with a couple of the does.
last year on opening day i had 9 does walk in bow range in just one morning sit. and my good friend and neighbor took a 14 point non typical.
i'm looking forward to a good season.

Last edited by mohunter82; 09-20-2011 at 09:18 AM.