Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Broadhead Suggestions >

Broadhead Suggestions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Suggestions

Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Spike

Rage are not the greatest watch the tests on youtube. Grimreapers the best expandable s on the market. Rage are just as much as Grimreapers too.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I'm not saying that it can't work when everything works out just right but the odds are with a low poundage set up you are going to be disappointed sooner or later.... sooner would be my bet.

I just don't understand the reasoning of trying to complicate the one piece of equipment of the total set up that should be the simplest, most rugged, and fool proof you could get.
My thoughts exactly. Well said. I would not recommend against a mechanical head for some setups, but would never recommend them over a fixed head in ANY setup. Just my opinion, but that is what it is. And, with a 55 lb draw, I wouldn't dream of shooting a mechanical. Like bigbulls stated, not saying it won't work in every situation, just saying it limits your opportunity for success.

Once again...all my opinion. Do what you want to do...you have to be happy with your setup in order to perform at your best.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Spike

RAGE 2 Blade
Old 09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've used 125 Thunderheads for 25+ years with no problems...I have also used Muzzy 125s for 10 years or so, both 3 bladed...

I'd guess you would want to drop down to 100grs as that's what most guys are shooting nowadays...

I'm just too hardheaded to change, still shooting fingers, aluminum arrows and feathers instead of vanes...
Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigbulls
You really need a moderate to smaller diameter fixed blade broadhead. Slick trick standard cut, Magnus stinger, NAP nitron, G5 montec, Shuttle T-lock, NAP hellrazor, Muzzy phantom MX, Wasp BOSS bullet would all be excellent choices.
I agree with this guy ^for your set up, but I shoot Grim Reapers and they are freakin awesome!! ive been looking and trying different broadheads for a couple of years now. I dont really care for the rage 3 blade anymore. I think I have my new broadhead that I will be using for a while (grim reaper!!)
Old 09-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

a good sharp fixed blade is what i would tell you to get,,, my favorites are wasp heads no serrated blades for me , all will work when sharp.used many fixed heads they all kill,,, dead is dead ... but you do your part the head WILL do its job...
Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

100gr 3 blade Rage or the 100gr Grim Reaper. they both do a great job..
Old 09-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I got my bow tuned and did some basic broad head testing through my bow. I'm decided to try the razortip 100g grim reaper. They truly fly just like my field points. The rocket ultimate steel fixed blades still shooting about inch to right and down which isn't to bad. Never used mechanical heads before hunting so hopefully it goes well this season. One slight failure I'm getting back to fixed blades esp my old G5 strikers.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Spike

I bought some broadheads from wal-mart...3 for 9$. Cheap but they have worked for me twice this year.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Typical Buck

I really like my Buzzcuts. If I were to shoot another head it would be Muzzy or SlickTricks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.