HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Got The Chance To Meet Eddie Salter From The H.S. Pro Staff Today!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/34976-got-chance-meet-eddie-salter-h-s-pro-staff-today.html)

HANKFAN 08-10-2003 10:00 PM

Got The Chance To Meet Eddie Salter From The H.S. Pro Staff Today!!

I got just got back from the fall Hunting Classic in Charlotte N.C today. I had the pleasure to meet Eddie Salter from the H.S Pro Staff We talked a little about hunting and the hunting industry as whole and this guy was just completely down to earth. I asked him about the buck he killed on Primetime Bucks 7 and he told me that he hunted 6 days for that buck. I told him that it was nice to see a video of a hunt that didn' t mostly consist of a rifle hunt in Texas over a corn feeder. He stated that he didn' t like hunting Texas especially with a rifle over a corn feeder. Sounds like my kind of guy!!!!!

Angus74 08-10-2003 10:10 PM

RE: Got The Chance To Meet Eddie Salter From The H.S. Pro Staff Today!!

Thats awesome, Id like to meet Eddie Salter also. I did have the privelege to meet Alex Rutledge this spring and he was the same way, totally down to earth and a strong christian, he was at a large game dinner at a local church and put on a really great show on calling and showed some hunt footage. The H.S. guys all seem to be great guys that are easy to talk to and now at all too good for anyone.

antlergetter 08-11-2003 11:12 PM

I sure hope you learned something!!!!!! I wouldnt want you down there scaring all the deer out of my hollow this fall!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

davidmil 08-12-2003 07:18 AM

I' d like to meet him too. That dude has made more Pee poor shots with a bow on video than I' ve made in a lifetime. I mean, he' s had some horrendous ones where he either missed by 3 or 4 feet at point blank to striking one in the butt at about 20 yards. The boy doesn' t know the meaning of the word STAY CALM.[:-] BUT, he' s cool, just a walking case of buck fever.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-12-2003 11:35 AM

Who?

WBS 08-12-2003 11:45 AM

Eddie Salter!!!
I have a fond memory of him, 15 yrs. ago I scared 3 bucks away on 3 consecutive hunts trying to use a Eddie Salters grunt call. That dang thing never would work correctly. I guess thats why he works for HS now and not himself.
I think of that 1 week stretch of snorting deer every time I see him!!
I know it was his fault, Couldn' t have been my inexperience!!
Next time you see him tell him he owes me a hunt!!
WBS

DoubleLung55 08-12-2003 12:05 PM

Out of that video line i think i like stan potts the best. He is hailarious to watch , and his enthusiasium is awesome. Although i like the lil call thing eddie does ,stan is jsut the man. When u watch him hunt in primetime bucks 6 His one eye sordof will drift off into the woods while one remains fixed on the camera. LMAO it was hailarious.

silentassassin 08-12-2003 12:32 PM

I' d like to meet him too. That dude has made more Pee poor shots with a bow on video than I' ve made in a lifetime. I mean, he' s had some horrendous ones where he either missed by 3 or 4 feet at point blank to striking one in the butt at about 20 yards. The boy doesn' t know the meaning of the word STAY CALM. BUT, he' s cool, just a walking case of buck fever.
You' re not kidding David. He has made some shots that would have forced me to quit hunting. I saw one video where he had a " chip shot" and wound up hitting th e deer in the butt. I was ashamed that they didn' t edit that out of the video.

douglasm 08-12-2003 09:43 PM

How about the shot good ol' Stan put on that big bad boy in Prime Time 6?Full front-on.Then he looks into the camera and says something like " I had to shoot , I didn' t have a choice." What a load of crap. I don' t care how bad you want a particular animal, you owe it to him to take a higher percentage shot than that.I think it was very wrong to include that footage in that video.

highcountry13 08-12-2003 10:11 PM

wow that guy makes some really really messed up noises after he shoots and finds his deer its like a gobble with alot of other crap mixed it but it is kinda funny to watch