Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fell out of a tree stand >

Fell out of a tree stand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fell out of a tree stand

Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

With the types of climbing aids and harness's available now, I have zero sympathy for anyone falling while hunting that is not using one. I won't say a prayer, put money in the jar with your picture and story on it or attend the benefit for the funds needed to hire someone to wipe your butt, drool from your chin, or help with the funeral expenses. I will feel a great deal of sorrow for your wifes, children, parents, etc who had someone they loved not care enough about them to take the basic steps that would have easily prevented the burdan thrust upon others.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by nodog
Your stand broke because you didn't make sure it wouldn't. Your careless nature was something your wife was aware of and that is why she was on you. She was right. You definitely should wear a harness and truthfully, you should stay on the ground with your record.

Hard for a stand to break strapped down tight with way more straps on stands that never come with enough.

A harness is betting you'll fall, I don't gamble. I completely took apart my climber last season and completely went through it, it's ready. All other stands are very secure and I don't use a strange ones without a great deal of caution.

Wearing a harness is good. Not wearing one isn't playing with fire, besides "playing" with fire is what people do who don't use caution when climbing, they definitely need an extinguisher handy. People who use fire with caution will never need one. Some of you guys advocate still playing with fire after being burnt as long as you wear an extinguisher when you do. I'd rather take advice from someone who doesn't play with fire than someone who's pr oven they have and still do.
Very interesting view from someone who is promoting the use of articial stimulants.

Fake Cocaine = Good
Safety Harness = Bad

But then again, this poster also thinks he can predict when something is going to break. He seems to forget that something may appear perfectly solid, but it can still break.

No matter how much you check your gear before the hunt, it can still break.

But the world may be better off having these genes removed from the pool anyway!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Spike

People fall out of tree stands all the time. Last year I watched a buddy of mine fall 25 feet. The entire left side of his body was black for a week. And wouldn't you know it everybody in our party had safety gear except him