Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fell out of a tree stand >

Fell out of a tree stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fell out of a tree stand

Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Fell out of a tree stand

A friend of mine fell out of a 15ft tall lockon tree stand the other day. He fell asleep and took a nose dive. He did'nt get hurt thank goodness. I asked him if he wears a harness and he said no in a tone of voice as to say "no, stupid". I don't care how old you are you can't defy gravity. He assured me he was going to wear one from now on. Thats like the drunk guy that will no longer drink and drive after he kills someone while driving. Doing something after the fact is just to late to do any good. Take advantage of all the great new safety products on the market and use them whenever you leave the ground. Do it for your family and friends even if you feel like it can't happen to you.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i almost fell once, now i just dont sleep in the stand..i know i should get a harness, but there is always sumthin better at the time to get.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Spike

im the exact same as you halfbaked, i havent fallen from tree nor come close (knock on wood). Theres always something id rather buy than a harness. ill look at one and say i should get that, but by that time i will already have 200$ worth of things in my hands and i say maybe next time, and than next time rolls around and the same thing happens.

Last edited by xGREENx; 09-14-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, you have to live to hunt another day. Hunting without a harness is risking everything. Even if you don't die from a fall you still risk serious, permanent injury. I'm confused as to why hunters even contemplate the notion of hunting from a tree stand without some kind of protection from falling. No item in any outdoor store is worth your life and limb.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Chazspot. Hunter saftey system or the new Spider on sale at your favorite outdoor store now! If you are leaving the ground you better have a safety harness on other wise stay on the ground period. Life is too short as it is.

CVG Ohio
Old 09-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Spike

My wife bought me a harness its got a loop on one end she said to just slide it over your head and tighten it around your neck because if your dumb enough to go up in a tree stand without a harness your dumb enough to use it!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Spike

my problem is i am a college student, so the funding to buy a harness isnt always there. i know i should have one and its irresponsible to not have one but im hoping i can get buy until i graduate and have a steady income. Thanks for the concern though, its nice to see people caring about everyones well being.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

most every tree stand you buy Comes with a harness. Are they Hunter Safety Systems? no. but something is better than nothing. whether it be a simple around the waist old school, or an actual upper body harness from the same nylon material, cost should be the last factor...you can get those for next to nothing. Nothing is worth risking injury or death at least to me.. (and yes death can occur, i've known of a few cases.) Wear a harness!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:00 AM
JW
Super Moderator

You guys who don't wear a 5 point Safety harness while in a tree stand (and now the vest is the best way to go) are a statistic waiting to happen!

That is just plain dumb!

Safe Hunting is NO accident!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow... glad he's ok JW... Scary stuff... definately makes you think...
heading out this afternoon for the CT opener w/ my new Gorilla full body harness... can't even tell you are wearing it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.