Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fixed blades hit high.. should I switch to mechanicals? >

Fixed blades hit high.. should I switch to mechanicals?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fixed blades hit high.. should I switch to mechanicals?

Old 09-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

also not really the best idea to shoot groups with your broadheads, very very very good way to damage arrows.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ijimmy
its not the broadhead
Well the Slick tricks fly awsome, the muzzy mx-3 shoots poorly, Im sure there could be other issues with the muzzys... and I dont have a roller to check my bh to arrows. Ive got the fp's and slick tricks
hitting in the same spots now. I paper tuned and that also looks good. I guess my works done... Muzzys also have a longer ferral, and maybe some out of balance on that head compaired to slick tricks maybe changing my FOC..
Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by louie6014
Well the Slick tricks fly awsome, the muzzy mx-3 shoots poorly, Im sure there could be other issues with the muzzys... and I dont have a roller to check my bh to arrows. Ive got the fp's and slick tricks
hitting in the same spots now. I paper tuned and that also looks good. I guess my works done... Muzzys also have a longer ferral, and maybe some out of balance on that head compaired to slick tricks maybe changing my FOC..
Try spinning it on your finger, if there is a lot of vibration then its out of balance.

Also try paper tuning your bow its easy and takes about an hour once you have a target and some freezer paper. I paper tuned my wife's bow 2 years ago and she loves to shoot it now because her father used to make her aim low when shooting field tips(retarded idea.)
Old 09-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

i agree with kentuckey just adust your pins .
Old 09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

If you do decide to switch to mechanical try the meat seekers! They are devastating broadhead!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

I did paper tune... this keeps coming up, I was shooting good tears but still needed to lower my rest like a micro adjustment to get the broadheads and field points on the same spot. I did get some rage 2 blades. And I shot a doe last night with it, good results. I cant complain about her running maybe... 20 yrds? Not the biggest fan of the o rings, tore off, and same with the practice point... meat in the freezer thanks for all the input...