HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   here is the hit list so far what y'all think? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/349481-here-hit-list-so-far-what-yall-think.html)

pearsontx4 09-09-2011 10:02 AM

here is the hit list so far what y'all think?

ran cameras on the first farm that i hunt. these are from my favorite stand i have 8 more stands that i gotta get cameras off of on this property. along with the rest of the farms down south but i will put these bucks on the hit list for sure.

can you spot the tree stand?

this buck is number one on the hit list not because he is a cull but because he has a awesome rack. i call this buck ridiculous i also have about 20 pictures of him on the corn pile during day light

heres a close up of his right side

think this is the same buck as above but not sure

heres the 9

IOWABUCKHUNTR 09-09-2011 10:31 AM

Some great looking bucks, that bottom 9 has some great potential if he lives another year... (I'm not saying don't shoot him, but if you don't have to, he could be a monster next year) :)

pearsontx4 09-09-2011 11:07 AM

good thing about this farm is its right around 5k acres so he should stick around i have pictures of all of these bucks from last year. plus we had 4 other bucks last year on camera from this same stand that would gross from 150 to 170 and this property only got hunted 2 days for the whole season last year.

Jmp51483 09-09-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by pearsontx4 (Post 3845190)
good thing about this farm is its right around 5k acres so he should stick around i have pictures of all of these bucks from last year. plus we had 4 other bucks last year on camera from this same stand that would gross from 150 to 170 and this property only got hunted 2 days for the whole season last year.

My goodness man... that's a honey hole if I've ever heard the description of one. Good luck this year, although I don't even think you're going to need it. lol

pearsontx4 09-09-2011 11:18 AM

i hope i can have one on the ground before to long i will be out every day i have off starting the 21st of this month. i work 12 hr shifts so i get half the month off witch makes it nice being able to hunt 2 to 5 days a week.

pearsontx4 09-09-2011 11:25 AM

i will try to find some from last year when i get time and put them up on here

IOWABUCKHUNTR 09-09-2011 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by pearsontx4 (Post 3845190)

Awesome! Sounds like you got a nice thing going. I very cogniscent about telling people what not to shoot there are always too many unknowns, I don't know your management plans, and I don't know how often you hunt, etc...

Sounds like you are a lot like me when it comes to hunting. Everyday is a good day, and let em go and watch em grow!

Any chance you recovered their sheds from last year?

pearsontx4 09-09-2011 12:38 PM

i have a thing where i wont shoot anything unless its 135" or bigger unless its like that top buck if he walks out in front of me hopefully i can get him. i never really got in to shed hunting if i find them bird hunting i will pick them up.

IOWABUCKHUNTR 09-09-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by pearsontx4 (Post 3845229)
i have a thing where i wont shoot anything unless its 135" or bigger unless its like that top buck if he walks out in front of me hopefully i can get him. i never really got in to shed hunting if i find them bird hunting i will pick them up.

Thats our mentality up here... Unless a big ole mature buck steps out, I wait on something close to 135" or bigger as well....

Last year, I stopped a 5 1/2 year old monster from roaming the woods... Dressed out at 245#

nodog 09-09-2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by pearsontx4 (Post 3845229)

Whatever, as long as your having a good time. Nice deer.