Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Outdoor Channel? >

Outdoor Channel?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outdoor Channel?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Spike

Default Outdoor Channel?

Just wanted to know if any of you canceled the Outdoor chanel? I for one did last year. It made me sick. when a Hunter gets a shot at a buck of a lifetime, and then tells the camera man "I know there's bigger bucks out there, So I'm passing on this one" What the heck!! I'm lucky to see any bucks when I'm out there. Plus the wife said that the sat. company raised their rates yet again and she didn't see paying for a huntin chanel when we have two free.

Kinda miss Tiffany though
Old 09-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I probably wouldn't cancel the channel but I agree with you that some of the shows definately portray hunting in a very unrealistic way. And I definately WOULD NOT miss Tiffany. She is one reason I might cancel. Get's on my nerves.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
And I definately WOULD NOT miss Tiffany. She is one reason I might cancel. Get's on my nerves.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
+1 on that one.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

not to start anything.... just curious as to why people are hatin on the hottest girl in the woods! ok maybe thats a lil exageration but i mean she is a very attractive lady and she's killin big deer.. sure her husband puts her on them and she doesnt have to do much, but in reallity wats the difference in that and puttin your kid or wife on a deer
also, i am aware tht they let some BIG deer walk on their show, but i would do the same thing and i have a feeling many people would do the same..
say for instance, you have already filled some doe tags, so meat is not an issue, its november, your hunting an area where you have seen a great 10 in the last few days and a basket rack 8 walks by,, are you gunna shoot it or let it walk? i would assume most of the people on herewould let it walk in hopes of the big boy walkin by later..
that is just what they are doing,, they just have much bigger deer on their properties than most people....
im sure im about to get bombarded with people sayin that what they are doin isnt rele hunting, but im just saying that idk if they are doin it right or not, i havent seen any proof that they are hunting in pens or anything so i like to have faith in people until they give me a reason not to.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Spike

i agree. if everyone had those properties to hunt they too would pass ridiculous bucks. great entertainment as long as you dont expect the same thing to happen to you. tiffany is the best!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

I cancelled 9 months ago, it felt like I was watching the same show over and over again. Lee and Tiff are great but after meeting them all in person Ralph and Vicki are the most down to earth and seem more appreciative of where they are. Nicole from driven is the most stuck up, fake person I met. No wonder no-one was waiting in line for their autographs at the Eastern sports show. I am just tired of watching these guys hunt on land where they are guaranteed big buck kills and do no homework for themself just follow what their guide tells them to do and when the buck they are after is going to appear in the outfitter's food plot. No where close to being what the rest of us experience and very little to learn from their shows because in the real world we face obstacles like other hunters, not enough acreage or not enough $ to plant enough food to keep the deer centralized like we see on these shows. Sorry to those who this offends but what the Outdoor Channel produces (for the most part) is no where close to what the rest of us experience.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lee markets Tiffany as sex appeal for the show. That being said, I hate almost every hunting show. I don't really like watching deer hunting on a deer farm.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Spike

For me, I had to teach myself to hunt, I was 35 yrs old. No one in my family hunted. So I started from scratch. I thought that what I saw on these shows was the way it was kinda going to be. Boy was I surprised. After alot of trial and error. and surfin this web site, reading books, watchin vids, talkin to guys shopin in the huntin section at wal-mart etc. I,m proud to say I have two does under my belt. one with a shotgun, the other with a compond bow. Don't get me wrong, I do see bucks when im in the feild. but around where I hunt, if you pass on a desent buck, the guy huntin on the farm next to you won't.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Spike

My wife and I were just having this conversation the other night. She goes how come you always come home and say you didnt see anything? She said deer are all over the place, I see them hit on the road every year. That very night on two different shows either during the kill or while doing their little infomercial while displaying the buck a deer with a tag in its ear walks through the pictures. I told her thats why, its like those cow pastures you pass on the way to work. You see them everyday, you know where they are at various times of the day. You walk out there get in the stand, and wait til that exact minute some guy told you it would come out and you shoot it, put on the best surprised act you can, then advertise some product that doesnt work to suckers that will run and buy it.

my .02
Old 09-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

I'll always remember my sons statement about watching the TV hunting shows. "They just set the average bowhunter up for disappointment". And he didn't mean "average bowhunter" as someone with less of a skill set but with less opportunity.
I used to watch them and he never liked watching them. After that statement I quit watching them. I think he's right. And its not sour grapes on his part, for a kid in his 20's he's got his head screwed on straight and has been very successful on the two spieces he's ever hunted, whitetail deer and black bear.

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.