Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
advice on whisker biscuit rest? >

advice on whisker biscuit rest?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

advice on whisker biscuit rest?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default advice on whisker biscuit rest?

I shoot a drop away now and hate it! Was thinking of installing a whisker biscuit? I shoot 4" vanes with helical with a true fire t-1 100gr broadhead. Any suggestions?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Typical Buck

I shot the whisker biscuit when i first started in archery about 6 years ago, it was a good rest out to about 30 yrds, after that my groups started to spread out. I switched to the qad ultra rest and problem was solved. What i liked about the whisker buiscuit was that it kept the arrow trapped at all times and i get the same benefit with the ultra rest, the ultra rest has a bar above the rest and you simply flip the rest up in the lock position and the arrow cant leave the rest no matter if you turn your bow upside down, I have no idea why you dont like your drop away but this is the reason most dont.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

i cant speak for drop aways because i have never shot one, but my groups dont open up much at all at 30 yards because of using a wisker biscuit... you can't beat the simplicity and nothing can go wrong with it in the field
Old 08-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Spike

The whisker biscuit is a great hunting rest, simple and nothing to go wrong, just make sure that you align your vanes to clear the black section of the whiskers. which would put the odd vane up.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I loved my WB. I got a drop away as a gift so I switched to it but I miss my WB. I shot it accurately out to 80 yards and didn't have a problem with blazer vanes.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Spike

Have always used my WB since they hit the market. Love it for hunting. The only suggestion I have is change your vanes to shorter ones such as blazers. I used to use 4 inchers but they got ate up a lot quicker than my blazers. Havent heard from anyone who didnt like the WB after they bought one. Think you would like it
Old 08-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my WB. I have no noticeable drop in accuracy when compared to a drop away rest. The only noticeable difference was that the WB shoots a few (2-5) fps slower...I can live with that all day long. I shoot blazer vanes...was using 4" vanes, but get better consistency out of the blazers...go figure.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
I like my WB. I have no noticeable drop in accuracy when compared to a drop away rest. The only noticeable difference was that the WB shoots a few (2-5) fps slower...I can live with that all day long. I shoot blazer vanes...was using 4" vanes, but get better consistency out of the blazers...go figure.
I shoot a fixed blade head. Can I shoot that type of head with blazer vanes?
Old 08-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a WB with shorter vanes the quick fletch type and it works great for me. My longest kill shot has been 30 yards with perfect accuracy,like has been said nothing to go wrong with the WB setup. If you get this set up make sure the WB is the right size for your arrows,they have small medium and large.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Spike

As doetrain said, I use blazers with my fixed montec g5 broadhead and works great for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.