Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
my little dude and his bow >

my little dude and his bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my little dude and his bow

Old 08-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Spike

Default my little dude and his bow

here's my little guy shooting his bow. he will be drawing back on a whitetail before long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnAOYD9yBmU
Old 08-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

That was awesome! Nice form. Gota like thet out takes. Nice touch with the song you picked to go with it.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Spike

that's great! How old is he? My son is 7 and I've been debating purchasing one of these for him now. What do you have the current poundage at?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool! Sounds like a little squirrel hunting for this year
Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
That was awesome! Nice form. Gota like thet out takes. Nice touch with the song you picked to go with it.

thanks, he always wants to shoot im pretty sure all the kinks will be worked out shortly he is shooting great already. that is his favorite song and it fit the video great!

Originally Posted by Jmp51483
that's great! How old is he? My son is 7 and I've been debating purchasing one of these for him now. What do you have the current poundage at?
he is 6 years old and his bow is currently set at 18" dl 20lb dw. im getting ready to tightin the screws up a bit he is pulling it back pretty good. i definitly recomend this bow the thing is awesome and it really throws them arrows for such a low dw.

Originally Posted by Edcyclopedia
Cool! Sounds like a little squirrel hunting for this year
i will definitly have him out for squirrell this year. hopefully he is shooting well enough to bring his bow but we always have his 22lr as a back up. we just put a scope on that he is like a sniper now lol. we also picked up his mentored youth license and i will have him in the blind sometime during deer season. i got him an xbow because his bow max's out at 29lb and you need at least 35 here in pa. the mentored youth program in pa is awesome. took him out in the spring on the youth day hunt for a gobbler and it poured all morning. rain stopped at 10:30, we had one gobbling at 11 but he was henned up and wouldn't come in. had to stop hunting at 12 by law. he is itching to get back out there for something. he heard that tom go off and his eyes lit up and i knew he was hooked. i would rather take him hunting then hunt myself it makes me so happy. and also pa just made it better for the mentored youth. they can now use a doe tag issued to the mentor.

Last edited by ropaque; 08-29-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Won't be long and he'll be taking your deer.