Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How old is your bow? >

How old is your bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: How old is your bow
New bow each season
3.41%
1-3 years
35.23%
4-6 years
30.68%
older than 6 years
30.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

How old is your bow?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Matthews FX new in 2004 when my Nephew bought,he upgraded and passed it on to me for a good price. I really like the way it look feels and shoots for me,so as long as it can drop deer I'll keep it.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

2001 Darton yukon! Thing is a beast! I love Darton bows!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superrman77
Funny you posted this. I have a High Country 4-Runner. It is about the same age as yours. I have been debating getting a new one but this on shoots pretty good.
I had an HCA Brute Force just prior to my SQ2.
Great shooting bow, but the grip was just too wide for my comfort.
I never really could get accustomed to it.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Well....I started in the late 60s with a recurve...Bought a Bear Whitetail in 1975 used this bow until 94-95 and bought a used Mountaineer...I'm still using it...

I shoot fingers and frankly there just aren't many good finger bows left so I'm keeping her until she or I wear out...
your right, all new compound are horrible for shooting fingers. my dad still shoots his jennings compound from the 80's with fingers...

i shoot a bear charge. but i just got a Bear Kodiak Hunter Recurve, i love the simplicity of it! i think thats what makes it so fun for me. i'll try and take a deer with it this year.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still shoot the PSE Spirit? that I have had since I was in (Junior high maybe). It must be nearly 18yrs old now.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My bow is a 2yr old Bowtech Captain. I got it from a guy who had had it for only 6 months. Prior to that I had a Hoyt Oasis that was 12yrs old. I personally love those guys that have to have a new bow every year. Gives me an opportunity to get an almost new bow for alot less than brand new. When I bought my six month old Captain, I paid about half of what it would cost new.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

2006 Mathews Outback...just put new strings on her. Flinging 462 grain arrows at 265-270 fps...that oughta do.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

I had a 6 year old Parker Buckhunter until Monday when I traded her in that evening for a new Diamond Outlaw. I didn't need to but was hankering for something a little newer and faster. The Parker helped me slay 8 deer and was a good bow. I got a third of what I originally paid for it on the trade in so I thought that was a good value. Frankly, I'm hoping this Outlaw lasts me longer than six years, or rather I don't want anything "nicer" before then as I really like it.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Spike

I put new one each year being this is my first year an my first bow.
I just bought a readhead Kronick.
So far I love it. I have had a few problems at first. The rubber tube on the peep broke twice. An while that was getting fixed the guy at the shop noticed I was lowering my head to see out of it. He then moved it up. But when he did that the peep was to small.

I then went to a string splitter. Its basically an upside down V.
That is working great so far. I can still see all of my sight an have a constant sight picture. Im not leaning my head down either.
Not sure how much hunting Ill get to do this year bot hope to get at least one deer.
later
DAVE
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Spike

I had my Parker Huntermag for 5yrs before some *&%,^%#@,#&^*(# stole it out of my shed. Looked into a new one and finally settled one the Omen Pro from PSE. Super fast and smooth!!! Cant wait to take it out in 2wks and lean it up against a downed bull!! Think if my old one was still here with daddy, I would hav been toting it in the woods. Ha!! Happy huntin!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.