HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My 1st "Score this deer" post, MD Buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/347930-my-1st-score-deer-post-md-buck.html)

GPMD 08-09-2011 09:20 AM

My 1st "Score this deer" post, MD Buck

Just got my first trail cam last week since I finally got a little piece of land to hunt. This guy right here was on it. What is everyones estimated score? This buck is pretty dang big for my area of Maryland so regardless what people say the score is, he's a shooter in my book! He'd be my biggest buck ever so Im excited to see him. I mainly bowhunt, do you think he'd go 125?

GPMD 08-09-2011 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Oops, guess I should have included the pics :)

GPMD 08-09-2011 09:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Same deer? It just occured to me it might be. This land was hunted by a friend of mine last season and he had to go overseas and since I moved close to the area, I have his spot. This first buck with no velvet was spotted a mere 25yds from where I put the camera out and got this last buck. Pretty cool if its the same deer

PREDATE 08-09-2011 11:51 AM

From what I can see, in my own opinion is that 120 would be pushing it. That being said, he is a dandy deer and one that I would surely take as well. Good luck hunting him!!! As far as it being the same deer, if it is then he's probably on his way down. "2011 deer" has more mass but less spread and tine length than last year. I could very well be wrong, (it's just my opinion)! awesome pics, but I like to have the cam at eye level with the deer, I can judge their size better if looking at an angle that I'm familiar with. Keep the pics coming!! We'd love to see more!

halfbakedi420 08-09-2011 12:11 PM

looking at the brow tines i say they are different deer.
i see 117 in one of em and the other not so much. gl

ManofTheFall 08-09-2011 12:38 PM

I don't think they are the same deer. The pics from 2010 look to be around 108". This years pics may be around 100" or less.

GPMD 08-09-2011 01:10 PM

Ha, thanks guys, I was hoping to get that 125 score so I can say I got a P&Y deer :) Still not letting him walk though with a bow. I know the land surrounding my area is pretty heavily hunted during firearm but I am indeed hoping it is 2 different deer. From what I've heard, that deer from last October never was taken so maybe there's two nice ones out there somewhere. Either way, I'm excited I have something out here to keep me focused.
I was thinking different deer too. It seems the October buck had longer tines and Im guessing even if the antler growing season isn't over yet, there's not enough time to catch up to the first deer. I'll let you guys know if i get anything else on the cams!

Diesel77 08-10-2011 09:31 AM

I'd have to go with maybe 100". If hes a trophy in your eyes and if your happy with him then try and take him.

GPMD 08-11-2011 09:53 AM

Just picked up another camera so im spreading the two out. He's a beauty in my eyes and i'd be proud to take him with my bow. Plenty of does around here for meat but if he's the biggest thing to show up before the season, I know he's the one I'll be after!

halfbakedi420 08-11-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by GPMD (Post 3833511)
Just picked up another camera so im spreading the two out. He's a beauty in my eyes and i'd be proud to take him with my bow. Plenty of does around here for meat but if he's the biggest thing to show up before the season, I know he's the one I'll be after!

and thats all that counts. gl, cant wait to see the pics, make sure ya sign up fer the bow contest.