Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 CRAZY FREAK!!!!!!!! >

CRAZY FREAK!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CRAZY FREAK!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2003, 03:25 PM

Default CRAZY FREAK!!!!!!!!

Hye uygs,

My " honey hole" area that I shot my first deer, my biggest buck, and my last deer, is u for auction in 45 minutes. One person lookin to buy it is a physco lady yhay owns land next to it. She is a major anti-hunter, and she has tried kicking me off that land before, even though she doesn' t own it. She is the type of person who will buy it just to have it and post it so I can' t hunt there anymore. Another person looking to buy it is a rich, snobby moron that wants it so he can put a horse riding area in.

I am gonna get a shower and go see what happens. I am hoping that it goes to someone who just wants land and will allow people to continue to hunt on it. Too bad, I know that won' t happen [X(]

This is the property that my non-typical 12 point came from, where I chased the Ghost Buck around for three years, and where I saw the non-typical 17 point. I can still hunt property on one side of it, but, it is always hunted heavily.

This puts a major problem in where I am going to hunt this year. That is my primary area as it is always full of deer.

I guess that my whole season will come down to wether or not the people who gave my friend and I permission to hunt there land last year, if they will allow us to hunt there this year.

Well, I gotta get going, say your prayers that this land will be bought buy a good person who will leave it alone and let people hunt there. [:' (][:' (][:' (][:' (]
Old 08-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CRAZY FREAK!!!!!!!!

Definitely good luck!
Geez I' d be worried........I lost my best spot 2 seasons ago because the bordering landowner sold out, and a guy moved in who hunts. The best funnel area is only about 100yards wide and the boundary runs almost down the middle. We both wanted to hug the middle which almost led to an unfortunate dissapearance of this fellow " hunter" one evening.[:@] He made it very hard to devote serious time to the spot anymore because hunting time is precious and I can' t afford to have every hunt sitting under a looming storm cloud. He lives right there and can hunt it everyday.......I very quickly went from being the ONLY person hunting it for years to an " intruder" .
If I lived there now........it would be an interesting situation.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:00 PM

I understand your upset - I have had land taken from me on a number of ocasions.

But who is the crazy freak??????
Old 08-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howd things go?
Old 08-07-2003, 10:18 PM

Hey guys,

Not too bad of an experience. The land was divided into 7 different sections, which totals 80 acres. That lady I was talking about, the physco freak, only got a tiny 9 acre section, that borders her property, that I never hunt anyways. 4 of the other sections went to my dads friend who said that I can still hunt there anytime I want. The other 2 sections went to some guy that nobody knows. He has the one spot that I really like hunting though. He owns the field where my " pond stand" was always at. Hopefully, he will not post the property and I can find out who he is and talk to him. If he would allow me to hunt there, all of my areas would still be fine.

The land went dirt cheap. All 80 acres went for $230,000 That is a roughly $2,900 per acre. Most of the land around this area is bringing in $8,000-$14,000 per acre due to the new growth around this area. Also, it is in high demand because land in this area very very rarely goes up for sale.

The lady that I call a freak is about the most annoying person you would ever meet. She posts property that isn' t hers, she will " walk" her dogs through her property on the first day of rifle season (she scared a nice 8 point out to my dad several years ago while doing this and he shot it), she will " patrol" the woods with her dogs, and if she sees anybody, she will instantly walk up and tell them to leave. She tried this with me once. I was about 115 yards away from her property while squirrel hunting and she came over and told me to get off her property, so, I kindly told her that if she wants to intentionally interfer with a hunter, who has legal rights to hunt the land I was on, that it is a criminal offense. I also told her that I would go get the actual landowner to see what he said about the situation, as the guy gave me permission to hunt his property. The guy that bought the land around her area (he out-bid her and landlocked the part she bought) was hunting on his property last year (he owns woods on the other side of this lady), and shot a buck. It ran onto her property, and she wouldn' t let him on, so, he called the PGC and a warden came out and ******ed him onto the property to get the deer. She was threatening the Game Warden and tried calling the cops for " tresspassing" charges on the warden.

So, as it is now, I can still hunt most of it, and, depending on what the one guy is like, maybe all of it. Too bad this guy has my favorite part of the entire property [:' (]
Old 08-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The land went dirt cheap. All 80 acres went for $230,000 That is a roughly $2,900 per acre.

[][][] Holy crap! Thats " dirt cheap" ?? Glad I live in Wisconsin. $2000 per acre is on the high side here.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel with you Buck Magnet. Last summer my oldest Uncle past away. He owned the family farm that been in our family since 1901. He never had children, and married a women who had children from a previous marriage. The land went to her kids, and they sold it off for every cent they could get without any care of family values, or even attempted some how to work out something to keep it in our side of the family. Never even mentioned a single word to the family. Just greed. It was my absolute favorite hunting spot. Just a great place, nice Alfalfa field bordered by a thick woods, with a nice oak ridge on top. Backside had a nice beaver pond with a decent sized trout stream. I was devastated, and never saw it coming. I never thought my Uncle would have let it gone to others outside of the family. A young couple bought it and of course they, and rest of his family are avid hunters. No chance to obtain permission. Fortunately I' ve since obtained permission to the neighbors land, which originally was also a home, and farm built and owned by our family. The owner was very sentimental over the whole situation, and told me I can hunt his land all I want. Its not as nice. It has a larger field, but only gets brushed hogged once a yr to keep it a field. But you take what you can get, and make the best of it.[&o]
Old 08-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone that would give me $2,900.00 per acre can buy every square inch of my 120 acres--just give me about 10 minutes notice beforehand
Old 08-08-2003, 09:18 AM

Welcome to our world.No one gives permission to hunt private property here,everyone hunts.You might get invited as a guest,but no blanket permission to hunt.If you don' t want to hunt a wma you can expect to pay anywere from $500-$5000 for a hunting lease.We have 8 of us that pay $900 bucks a piece to hunt 900 acres.

CB
Old 08-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad things worked out for you and I hope that gentleman is sympathetic to your cause. I had similar things happen to me in the past and surely know the feeling. I wish you luck.

Quick Reply: CRAZY FREAK!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.