Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow suggestions

Old 08-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Martin Cheetah and I have no complaints. Got the bow, sight, stabilizer and quiver for $450.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

First, I would shoot which ever bows you think you are interested in. Then make your decisions from there. Whether it's new or used, find one that YOU like. Deals can be had on eBay and archerytalk all the time...just have to be patient. I picked up a like new 2010 Mathews Reezen earlier this year, fully loaded for a good price on ebay. Shot multiple new bows (hoyt, mathews, bowtech, etc)...no complaints with any but the Reezen felt great to ME, and that's all that mattered. Set my sights on one and got a good deal, end of story. Good Luck!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

agreed, my bow, although a sad story, has brought good luck to me, my 2007 switchback xt was bought by a young mans father at the time, about my age, he had been riding his new dirtbike the day this 17 yr old kid was about to shoot his switchback xt for the first time, he was paralyzed due to a dirt bike accident that very day, his father saved his accesories to let him know he still had faith, i in turn bought the bow to help out the family and further my bowhunting experience, i have dedicaticated every hunt with that bow to the man my age now almost 23 that he may walk again, i know it sounds silly but walking can be a simple luxury.