HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   PSE Evo (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/347555-pse-evo.html)

gregrn43 08-01-2011 07:52 PM

PSE Evo

Has anyone bought the new Evo. I shot one the other day at the bow shop and it seemed like a very good bow. The bow was very quiet and fast. I'm shooting a Diamond Marquis right now and was looking to add a second bow to shoot and for a backup.

bigbulls 08-02-2011 05:26 PM

If you like the EVO then also go shoot the AXE-7.

Same cams, same limbs, same limb geometry, same ATA, but much straighter riser and 1 inch more brace height. A much more stable bow though slightly slower. I would give up 10 fps for a higher margin of accuracy.

The Vendetta XL and the standard bowmadness are also two fine shooting bow from PSE.

gonzo1029 08-02-2011 07:42 PM

For the MSRP of the Bow Madness XS it is an amazing bow! I just bought one and love it. Very smooth and quiet. Also the BM XS can come already set up ($599 retail) if your looking for a back up bow. It is also one of the fastest single cam bows on the market today. Very short ATA and very forgiving. The AXE-7 is a better bow but also comes with a higher price range. The EVO is even higher. Regardless of choice PSE makes some killer bows.

5575gb 08-02-2011 09:38 PM

Never was a PSE fan....until I shot the EVO! What a great shooting bow, has to be at the top of the list for bow of the year this year!

Valentine 08-03-2011 05:01 AM

Thanks for posting

Not in the market, but try to keep up with the changing scene in compound bows. And lordy does it change.

Noticed, for my first time, some of the expensive PSE bows have changed the draw length to every half inch in its given range.

X-Force Dream Season EVO
"with a draw length ranging from 25 1/2 - 30 inches in half inch increments with a simple inner module adjustment"

Saw the Omen and the EVO did that. I guess anyone sensitive to draw length. and in the middle of say a 28 and 29 draw length, it might make a big difference to some.

No bow ever fit everyone. I still have a bow that had one draw length only, and a very large fixed grip. Back then it was usable by 1 in 1000 archers. Was I lucky on that closeout price, as I didn't know at the time how long I would shoot with an old shoulder injury.

Thanks for keeping me more up to date.

IL-Cornfed 08-08-2011 08:48 AM

Not the biggest PSE fan here either but the EVO is the finest machine PSE has offered! It's nowhere near as aggressive to draw as the rest of their X-Force line up and still carries the speed and power todays bowhunters demand. It's a quality machine to be sure and I think you'd be very happy with one. Also, it's an obviously HUGE step up from any bow in the Diamond line, thats for sure!

Good luck and good shootin'

cowcreekhunter 08-10-2011 09:51 AM

Why do you not like diamond bows? I have seen in several threads you being critical of the diamond bows just wondering why.

gregrn43 08-11-2011 01:10 AM

Cowcreek
I cant ever recall saying anything bad about Diamond bows. My Marquis is a very fine bow and I love shooting it. I dont have a Diamond dealer close by me anymore and our local bow shop has PSE as his main line of bows. I am wanting to buy another bow in case something happens to one. I shot the Evo and really liked how it shot. I was just asking for opinions from someone who has one or knows something about them. I wish we still had a Diamond dealer close by.

cowcreekhunter 08-11-2011 07:30 AM

Gregrn43,
I wasn't asking you why you didn't like the diamond brand, I was asking il cornfed. I had seen in several post of his that he did not like diamond bows and I was just looking for his reasoning behind it.

gregrn43 08-11-2011 09:45 PM

Sorry about that cowcreek