HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rage 2blade vs rage 3 blade (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/347185-rage-2blade-vs-rage-3-blade.html)

brunsc 07-24-2011 02:58 PM

Rage 2blade vs rage 3 blade

Ok so im goin to go with rage but idk which rage head to go with? Advise plz:/ thx

IL-Cornfed 08-08-2011 09:39 AM

Personally, I've been more impressed with the 2 blade version. They have consistently proven to do more damage and are more durable then the 3 blade version.

For the best Rage results, the Titanium Rage 2 blade is an entirely different monster! Their ferrule design is MUCH improved and the considerably larger and more edge to edge cutting tip on the Ti model is simply amazing compared to the much cheaper aluminium version. No contest,..... they are a bit cashy but man they are impressive!!!

4evrhtn 08-09-2011 04:59 PM

I bought into the Rage hype a couple years back and gave in because they were new and the archery shop I went to was pushing them. I liked that they shot like a field point but hated Everything else about them. I used the 3 blade, shot one deer quartering away and the arrow glanced off the ribs. I went home and threw the rest of the pack in the trash and went back to my G5 strikers which also fly like my field points. If you are set on the Rage broadheads, I suggest going with the 2 blade. Even with a bad shot they do a considerable amount of damage to aid in recovery. I know guys that swear by them and have killed many deer with them. I just don't like the hassle of always needing to double and triple check to see if any of the blades became deployed by removing the arrow from the quiver or brushing against something.

sdhunter11 08-09-2011 06:37 PM

+1 for 4evrhtn, i tried the 2 blade one season for antelope and whitetail, the antelope was a big buck that was shot a 20 yrds broadside with a mathews switchback xt 60lbs 29 1/2'' draw and a goldtip xt hunter, went clean through without touching a rib, he died 50 yards later. Complete opposite with whitetails, shot a doe in the early season at 15 yards, hit a rib and it barely went in 3 inches, she ran around me and i seen the shaft had hit her perfectly about 2" behind the shoulder but barely penetrated. Never found any blood or the deer, went back to muzzy 100 3-blade and had complete pass through's the rest of the season on 3 deer.

foreverbowhunter 08-09-2011 10:30 PM

i would go with a fixed blade broad head there's no worrying about if your blades or going to open. i suggest muzzy, bullhead, slick trick, nap hell razer, but if your stuck on any mechanics/expanding broad-heads i would seriously check out the nap blood runner "cuts no mater what" or the g5 t3 its got a 1 1/2" cutting diameter. its just me but i HATE rage broad heads its not because Ive heard some people talk trash on it i get it from personal experiences. the way the tip is rounded to the front razor it deflects off of any angle it hits weather its a tree ribs or anything quartered away( to you). do a favor to the deer and use some thing that will put em down.