Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer dander

Old 07-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

call it an old scam then, same diffence. It's not needed to kill deer and like I said, the last place I want a deer that I plan to kill is at the base of the tree that I'm in. Just like scent lok, truth serum, and rage broadheads, I've been killing deer without any of them and will continue to do so.
It's a wonder anyone ever killed deer back before all the "stuff' that is marketed these days.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Spike

The base of the tree is just how it worked but wen properly put on a drag or on ur boots and u walk past ur stand ull get the deer to walk past as well its how u use it..ya u cn kill deer without this but if it works why not try it..why not see more deer? Its not a scam if it works..its proven this to me more than once..nd to the guy on how long it last..my bottle was on its second year last year nd it still brought deer down the trail i put a drag on
Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Fitzgerald boys recommend turning at a 90 degree angle about 15-20 yards in front of where your setup is and make a half oval shape while walking before continuing to your stand. The idea, of course is that it gets them to turn, offering you a broadside shot at said 15-20 yards. I have never used it, but this is the idea behind it. I have never heard of anyone that used it and was opposed to it afterward...maybe the stuff works?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Spike

Didnt no tht thx for the info..im a true beleiver
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using it for about 7 years now and have never had any problems with it so far. I use it on my boots and have had deer walk right in the same path as I did and not seem bothered.
I use a Scent Lock suit and Scent Away spray both at my truck and at my stand. I shower before I leave if I have time. Keep all my clothes in a plastic tub or a heavy duty garbage bag to keep clean.
So call it waste of my money or time, but I have 5 brand new bottles on my shelf in the basement not including the 2 in my tote and 1 in my backpack. I like it.