Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy vs. Rage

Old 07-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Broadhead questions

Brunsc, The best advice I have is to take your bow into a good shop and have it setup and properly checked out. If it was setup in a shop already then I would find another bow shop to use. A good bow tech would never allow a bow to go out the door wagging arrows around. As far as broadheads go, I would not try to make a broadhead responsible for and correct the bows inadequacies. I happen to shoot muzzy 3 blades myself but if I wanted to shoot rages it would'nt be because my bow made me do it. without beating this thing in the dirt you can see that a well tuned bow will shoot any broadhead you choose.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Re: broadhead

Tell us what type of arrows, is your draw length correct?

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 07-23-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Re: broadhead

Like everyone's tellin ya..... it's not the broadhead. My advice would be to go with the Muzzy because it's a simple more fail safe design. But FIRST! practice, practice, practice. Sounds like you need to have someone with some experience take a look at your setup........ could be anything from improperly spined arrows, to your rest being off center, nocking point, poor form(anchor point, draw length) or maybe a little of each.

Take your bow and arrows to your local shop and ask them to check your setup and maybe watch you shoot a few arrows.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Spike

Maybe this shouldn't be on the archery page but I bought a new rifle and scope. I mounted the scope and zeroed at 25 yards. I shot a buck in the leg at 250 yards. Can someone tell me a better bullet to shoot for better accuracy?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm an ass sometimes.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Spike

Default muzzy vs. rage

first,I am happy to hear your a new bowhunter,the more the merrier.as for your shooting and broadheads,we owe it to the animal,and to the future of our sport,to make clean ,ethical kills.the first thing required is..practice,and more practice.you should be able to put arrows into a 4' circle consistentlyat your max range.if your arrows are fishtailing thats never going to happen.go to a reputable shop and have them tune your setup.good luck and good hunting!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Spike

I think im going to go with my rage broadheads..thx to all those people who helped and didnt cridisize me..proud to be part of the bowhunter group!!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by carbonrage
first,I am happy to hear your a new bowhunter,the more the merrier.as for your shooting and broadheads,we owe it to the animal,and to the future of our sport,to make clean ,ethical kills.the first thing required is..practice,and more practice.you should be able to put arrows into a 4' circle consistentlyat your max range.if your arrows are fishtailing thats never going to happen.go to a reputable shop and have them tune your setup.good luck and good hunting!
A 4 foot circle? That's a pretty big kill zone for whitetails. The kill zone for the Moose and Caribou up here isn't even that big. Brunsc, do some research on here. Search for bow tuning on this site and others. You don't need to take your bow to any shop to get it tuned. I understand you are only 17 and working two jobs but you don't need to pay $150 per dozen for arrows or $50 for broadheads or any of these high dollar lasers and such. People have been killing deer for years without any of this stuff. There are plenty of good arrows, broadheads and other accessories that won't break the bank and do the job fine. Make sure your arrows are spined properly and take your time tuning your set up. The most expensive equipment in the world will not help you shoot any better if your setup isn't tuned. I was joking in my last post but that was in effect what you were asking. Buy the best that you can afford and tune those in and your good. Make sure your arrows are cut to the proper length and practice on your form. It's just like shooting a rifle, you want to have the same sight picture everytime you shoot.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Spike

Its a 4 in circle
Old 07-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brunsc
Its a 4 in circle
I believe he's aware of that. Read the last last sentence in his previous post.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brunsc
I think im going to go with my rage broadheads..thx to all those people who helped and didnt cridisize me..proud to be part of the bowhunter group!!
Brunsc - just out of curiosity, what's your draw weight and draw length on your bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.