Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy vs. Rage

Old 07-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Spike

Default Muzzy vs. Rage

Last season i finally harvested my first deer with a bow..bad part is i shot him in the rump.. Not to take all the bad credit from my nerves and me but i belive it was some what due to my broadhead.. I shot slick trick four blades..my arrows would whip soo bad! So i decided to make myself a more ethical hunter nd find tht broadhead that made me better.. So ive come down to muzzy 3 blade or rage 3 blade...plz help!!! I wanna hear all good nd bad statements bout both broadheads..plz help me in my pursuit to become a more ethical hunter.. Thx nd god bless america!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

The broadhead or ethics had nothing to do with you shooting that deer in the azz...

Arrows and broadheads have to be tuned to a bow...If they are not, they don't fly properly...

That deer was hit poorly because of the shooters ignorance...

Any of the above broadheads and dozens of others do their job when the hunter
does his...
Old 07-22-2011, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Basically a problem I see, . . .

is many just avoid becoming the best shot you can, with practice, using field points on a target. Of course, some hunters will put all the pressure on the hunting broadhead, with little or no practice.

A lot of broadheads don't work, effectively, because the "archer" wanted to avoid using those less expensive field points in practice.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Spike

he advised that it was his first bow buck and at least he is looking for help.

i switched to the rage broadhead and like them. they shot more like my field tips so there was less ajustment to my bow when i switched over. might try your local bow shop and see what they can do to help with your set up.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Spike

Thx bigredtl..i never said it wasnt any of my fault but i want to feel more secure about how im shooting nd im 17 workin two jobs i dnt hve all the money in the world nor all the time..but i do no my arrows whiped and i spent hours tuning my bow the problem was the whip..i hit a dot at 20 yards but it whiped all the way there... So if its whipping and spinnin in a big circle look at how big of a diff.. A yard can make!....i shot my buck at fifteen yards..AND YES NERVES HAD ALOT TO DO WITH IT! it was my FIRST buck..back to the subkect rage or muzzy?
Old 07-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

When you hunt with your equipment that is not tuned properly, you are asking for a bad shot on that animal. In other words your an unethical hunter.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot rage but I don't shoot them in the azz
Old 07-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow give the kid a break. I'm sure he will learn from his mistake, we all made them just starting out. Hey KID brunsc make sure your bow is tuned and your arrows are flying straight the next time you go hunting. If it was me I would stick to the Slick Tricks, can't go wrong with the muzzys . YOU MUST GET THAT BOW STRAIGHT , any good broadhead will kill a deer with a well tuned bow. You will also need thick skin to hang around this Bowhunting site!!!! It went to the DOG's the last few years!!!! LOL Good Luck!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Spike

Ok how am i an unethical hunter!! Bc i made a mistake? Ok it happens to everyone? Ya i shot my buck in the azz but it dnt make me unethical! FISHINTY one thing is ur a huge idoil of what not to be when i become a better hunter! Raggin on me for my first mistake? U no the future of hunting is made from mistakes..we all learn..ok? Hunting is about over coming all obsticules! Get over ur self im trying to learn..and thank you so much for the KIND ADVISE tht some people dnt no how to give..thx soo much hatchet jack!!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

If you want to go mechanical and looking at rages, then go with the 2 blade. Stay away from the 3 blade, have read alot of posts and seen first hand the 3 blades failing to fully open.

I have shot the 2 blades for going on my 3rd season and am a big fan of em. For the record I've got a few arrows tipped with G5 Montec CS's in the quiver that are now reserved for critters...

On my wife's bow she has muzzy 4 blades on em, they shoot well for her and do their part.

Both BH's you'll find people either adamantly love or hate em. If you do your part by practicing, have your bow in tune, and BH Tune before hunting (just to name a few things) then the BH choice is insignificant.

While working at an archery shop we saw more customers win the lottery then have BH and field points shoot the same with no tuning needed by the customer. Mechanicals help reduce the discrepancy and are a easier to tune as a result, but BH tuning is still needed. It is very simple to do as well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.