HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Need New Broadheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/346689-need-new-broadheads.html)

huntingkidPA 07-11-2011 03:07 PM

Need New Broadheads

Ok well its time for me to start practicing for the upcoming season. And you know what? my dad moved my archery gear! (he missplaced my broadheads!) i had some rage 2 blades, a couple muzzy's, and some NAP thunderheads (never used) and Hellrazorswhich i took a deer with this year. I took deer with both rage and hellrazors. Both preformed but i was extremely happy with the hellrazors, i liver shotted it and it still went down in 25 yards. I think i will try and stay away from expandables, most are super expensive anyway for a 1 time use and there ruined (atleast what happened to me with rage, even though they took my deer down super quick). I'll still look into the mechanicals you guys suggest but i'd like some fixed blades too. What are some broadheads that you guys noticed shoot the best compared to your field tips?

thanks.

rtrujillo 07-12-2011 04:12 AM

I couldn't get any fixed blades to fly comparable to my field points so I went with the rage expandables. Before that I used the g5 Montec. I like the broadhead but I had to adjust my sights a little with them. But they are easy to practice with and sharpen up really nice.

mofire 07-12-2011 06:07 AM

Thunderheads are my choice.

pa_yote_hunter 07-12-2011 10:11 AM

I am gonna be trying out the Slick Trick Magnums this year. I had used the Rages and was not that impressed with them. I then switched to the Muzzy MX3 and thought they did a good job.

C_Carr316 07-12-2011 01:42 PM

Ram Cat - check out their site and the tests they did with other broadheads. I have tried a lot and they all pretty much work, but RAM CAT really hit and cut. Check out their site:
smokebroadheads.com

Bloomgren 07-14-2011 02:41 PM

Wac'em!

I have been using Wac'em heads dang near since their introduction. They are the best flying, most accurate heads I have ever used. That goes for the Triton, Triton XL, and the Exit. YES! Even the large cutting diameter XL flies like my field tips out to yardages much farther than I will ever attempt to shoot an animal! I have never had any of my animals go over 100 yards with a good double lung shot. They are my head of choice hands down!!!!!

marquismarc 07-15-2011 04:33 AM

I really like the g5 montecs, I did not have to readjust my sights with them. I shoot 125 grain field tips and 125 grain montecs.

Bernie P. 07-15-2011 04:46 AM

I've been using Magnus heads for years.Excellent!

mortalcare 07-16-2011 01:18 AM

anyone else here shoot crimson talon?? they destroy deer,but are heavy broadheads,and none of my friends have ever shot them

Edcyclopedia 07-16-2011 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by mofire (Post 3823148)
Thunderheads are my choice.

............X2