Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
September 15 deer archery season opens >

September 15 deer archery season opens

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

September 15 deer archery season opens

Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Spike

Default September 15 deer archery season opens

i got my bow out today and started practiceing for deer season finally have any of u started yet?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Our season opens about that time also.And yes ive started shooting some.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

well... i hope you are practicing in the gear you will be wearing, in the chair or stand you will be using...if ya think a bunch of standing and shooting is the ticket, you got scammed, go to a ticket master immediately and get real ones.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Well any shooting is better then not shooting.Besides down here we hunt in the same type of clothes as we wear this time of year.As hot as it is in bow season here.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our deason starts at the same time. been shooting right along although not as much
for the summer.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Our season in Minnesota starts around the same time. I sure hope our Government has their s h i t together by then, or we wont be able to buy our licenses.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Where we hunt in South Carolina it opens the 15th also. Been practicing outta my stand and standing in a chair off of the porch for a couple months now. Only thing you can't practice getting any better for is the heat.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

been out shooting....not as much as I want though
Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsmaster742
Where we hunt in South Carolina it opens the 15th also. Been practicing outta my stand and standing in a chair off of the porch for a couple months now. Only thing you can't practice getting any better for is the heat.
I know Im in Charlotte region, havent set the bow down all year. Pretty much set for the season, minus the heat.. I got a new openshot summit climber, took it down to my tree only to get swarmed by yellow jackets, and carpenter ants, while pouring sweat in 100 deg heat lol. I hope it lets up by sept 11th. Might be able to bait them in with a sprinkler or 5 gallon water pail lol
Old 07-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cerdull
i got my bow out today and started practiceing for deer season finally have any of u started yet?
Started practicing? I never stopped. It's a year-round thing for me.

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
well... i hope you are practicing in the gear you will be wearing, in the chair or stand you will be using...if ya think a bunch of standing and shooting is the ticket, you got scammed, go to a ticket master immediately and get real ones.
There's no way I'm going to get decked out in full hunting garb and practice with the heat index at 100 to 115 degrees. Shorts and t-shirt will do nicely.

Also, that "standing and shooting" you refer to is actually excellent practice, but it needs to be supplemented with shooting from stands, sitting, kneeling and wearing all your gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.