Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anybody Used This Climbing Stand? Guide Gear Extreme Deluxe Climber Tree Stand >

Anybody Used This Climbing Stand? Guide Gear Extreme Deluxe Climber Tree Stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody Used This Climbing Stand? Guide Gear Extreme Deluxe Climber Tree Stand

Old 07-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Spike

Default Anybody Used This Climbing Stand? Guide Gear Extreme Deluxe Climber Tree Stand

Hi,

Has anybody used this climbing stand? Guide GearŪ Extreme Deluxe Climber Tree Stand - http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=674534

I'm looking to buy one and this looks like a pretty good deal for $80. I just thought that I would see if anyone on here had used on and get their thoughts on the stand.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couple of things about it that I see from the pics that I don't like. Uses pins to adjust the cable. These would be hard to use in the dark and you could also lose them. I don't like the weight of 28# but it does look solid. I do like the fact that it folds flat for packing. If a stand folds down flat, it makes a huge difference when you are carrying it. I like the sling type seat as those are usually pretty comfortable. I also like the price.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 07-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like Jim said 28 pounds is a boat load, one of the reasons I haven't tried one.

If you can return it without cost I'd say go for it otherwise if it were me I'd have to have my hands on it before buying it. It also isn't going to resell for much if you should ever try and sell it.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs down

BrandonW
I bought one of these 3 years ago and use the bottom for a permanent stand. Heavy isin't the word? Crazy heavy if your walking a mile to a stand position. Like Pastor Jim said, the pin thing is crazy trying to find the holes in the dark. Rock solid it is!! The material is loud though and fades with in the 1st year of use. Spend the extra cash and purchase something you could make use of , like a Summit or Lone Wolf. I'm in pretty good shape and it was a handful getting it into position and to the stand location.
Rocky
Old 07-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one of these last year and haven't been disappointed. I say if you cant carry an extra 30lbs on your back you really shouldn't have a climbing stand. Other than that it is very comfortable and for that price it is probably the best climbing stand you can buy. (For that price)
Old 07-04-2011, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For every newbie

The first questions I'd ask a newbie who is thinking about a tree stand for the first time are : Are you in shape? Do you want to get in shape? Hauling a tree stand, into and out of the woods, means being in shape.
Personally, I don't like the current state of the market. Too many hunters, it seems, who require a 300 lb. weight limit. I treat my old treestand like an heirloom. 21 lbs and a 250 lb. weight limit. My old carcass doesn't have to haul in equipment made for the hefties. And the lighter treestands, today, are running a little expensive.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

I bought one and used it on about half of my sits last year. I've never used a different climber so I don't have much to compare it against. It's not too bad to carry in, I generally walk half mile + to get into my stand. I bought the deluxe shoulder straps and those are a lot better then what originally comes with it (I would highly suggest that!). The pins are a pain in the butt and can cause quite a bit of noise setting up. It's sturdy though and does the job. I didn't have a huge budget at the time so I opted for this one. If that's your case I'd do the same, or spend a couple $100 more for a lighter and possibly more quiet one.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ryndisher
I bought one of these last year and haven't been disappointed. I say if you cant carry an extra 30lbs on your back you really shouldn't have a climbing stand. Other than that it is very comfortable and for that price it is probably the best climbing stand you can buy. (For that price)
Easy big boy

It's not about being able to carry the load, it's getting were you want to be like you were just dropped there. If hunting in cold weather is going to happen, getting all heated up and sitting for hours is miserable. Nothing wrong with using that muscle between your ears.

If it's all a person can afford go for it, but understand this, almost everyone who's hunted a while started off with cost the main issue and many of us have replaced that stuff since and not because it's wore out.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Spike

I hate to bring up an old post but I have searching all over google about shoulder straps for this stand! DowningAir where did you get the deluxe shoulder straps?! I am having a problem with the cheap straps cutting into my shoulders due to the weight. Upgrading to something else next year.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

I got them from the sportsmansguide. It was one of the "you might also like this" items that came up when I purchased the stand. I just went on the site to look them up but couldn't find them. Not sure what happend to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.