Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Spitfires

Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default NAP Spitfires

Getting ready to purchase my first broadheads for my bow. I've heard a lot of good things mentioned about the NAP Spitifires. I was just wondering if any of yall had good or bad experiences with this broadhead??
Old 07-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Only good things to say about the spitfires. They are my broadhead of choice for this coming year (Moving to them from a fixed blade) and I have been impressed by them and what they have done with the deer my friend has gotten with them. Definitely a good choice
Old 07-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

I am not a mechanical BH fan at all. However they are a good BH.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Ill stick with my Slick Trick Magnums.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot them for 5 years and took 5 deer with them. On only one of those did I get a pass-thru though. That was the main reason I stopped using them. At first I thought it was shot placement but then I shot a doe broadside at about 20 yds perfectly and still didn't get the pass-thru. I'm unsure why but I kinda got spooked after that and started using Muzzys and Slick-Tricks. I think they are one of the better expandables but I would have felt better shooting all the way through the animal.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-03-2011, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

I first used fixed blade NAP Thunderheads and loved them so when i wanted to try mechanicals i went to the NAP Spitfires. Took 2 deer with them, no pass thru's with a 60lb bow on does but it poked halfway out the other side and the exit hole was huge. I bragged about these heads until I got a shot on the biggest buck I ever drew back on. 17 yard chip shot and I saw i hit above vitals but below spine, a high shot but with the angle I would have clipped something. BUT the arrow seemed to go in just a few inches. I don't know if the blade opened pre mature or if it hit bone but there was hardly any penetration. Didn't find a drop of blood. I was done with Spitfires after that. It could be a 100-1 shot what happened as Ive always been happy with Spitfires and NAP products in general but that one incident changed me. I now shoot Rage, I've taken 6 deer with them, unreal blood trails, easy tracking and no deer made it more than 40yds. Lots of opinions out there but thats my experience
Old 07-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Wow that is a crazy story! Do you get pass thru's with the rage mechanicals?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I think 4 out of the 6 were pass thrus. One was with a crossbow and I was in a tree only about 8 feet up. I shot a 5pt at about 15 yds, it blew right thru him and I watched him run and pile up 40 yards away in a cut bean field. I went looking for the arrow and couldn't find it anywhere. Well it was a good 20 yards from where it went thru the deer. Thanks to the angle and hill it was able to travel that distance before hitting the ground. Probably a million to one shot that it hit pure vitals and nothing else to get that kind of distance. the 2 non pass thru's were my fault. Both quartering away deer hit too far back, like behind the last rib instead of a bit more forward which is what i wanted. The angle still had me take out the vitals and the whole arrow was inside the deer. Until my Rage fails me like the Spitfires, its all I'd use.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Pictures from a 15yd shot at about 1 63# draw compound on a 6pt. The woods looked like a murder scene, there was a 50 yards trail thru the woods that looked like this, I can't believe he made it that far
Attached Thumbnails NAP Spitfires-039.jpg   NAP Spitfires-040.jpg   NAP Spitfires-041.jpg  
Old 07-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

That is such an easy blood trail to follow, I bet a blind person could follow it. So if I am drawing 60 lbs and 29.5" draw about 300 fps, it should pass thru with that amount of energy right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.