Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
what is the compound bow best for me? >

what is the compound bow best for me?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is the compound bow best for me?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by placeshooter
thanks for the help, i planned on buying a used bow innitially anyways, so i figured my $300 price range was relatively right on key.
No problem, whatever you do go out and shoot as many as you can get your hands on and buy what you like best.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to a shop and check out some of the used bows in your price range. Make sure you shoot it setup for your draw length. I would also shoot through a chronograph with the arrows you will use. Think about matching some new arrows to the bow as well. Good Luck
Old 06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Spike

i just purchased new arrows last year that are cut to my draw length. they are easton axis n-fused carbon 400 arrows. out of the 6 or 7 different types of arrows i tried last year nothing came close to these. i love them
Old 07-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Plenty of good used bows in that price range.... probably find a good used Bear Instinct or Truth 1 for $175-$250.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Spike

i ended up getting a PSE Stinger, all set up. i shot a few bows first but this one felt great from the get go. and i ended up only having to spen $260 all together. thanks for the help everyone..