Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hoyt rampage xt

Old 05-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default hoyt rampage xt

anyone have this bow? or shoot one yet? reviews?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

I bought one in March, it's a very smooth, fast and comfortable bow. I shot the Element and CRX and didn't see much of a difference(except Price). I would recommend buying it.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

thanks avalanche. 99.9% sure thats my bow for 2011
Old 05-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

I shot it and didnt like it at all, on a scale 1-10 a 4 not smooth and loud. The bowtech assasin and the mission venture are alot nicer bows in my opinion and the mission is only 450 bucks.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Ive got the rampage xt. Worth the extra coin over the plain rampage, the cams draw back smoother and theres less "tug" before you reach your stop. You definately need to practice with it, its not the most forgiving bow. I was shooting a bear attack, and its night and day different. Groups nice with easton carbon arrows, and is pretty quiet. Not alot to say... its a pretty solid bow, got the 1st one in my archery shop as he just put it together and my limb cracked on my bear, so we swapped out + cash. No problems.. so I guess Ive been shooting it/ 6 mo or so.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Dont have it yet but looking into buying one, looks like a great bow.
I also look forward to shooting one when my local archery shop gets one in.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Rampage XT and I am very happy with it. Mine is very quiet. It lets off really late in the draw cycle which I prefer, but may be the reason jag-mag did not like it. Definitely shoot it first, every ones preferences are different. I think it is a great value if it feels good and shoots well for you. But like jag alluded to there are plenty of great bows out there if it doesn’t.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Spike

I also will be picking up my Rampage XT soon. Put several arrows through one at my archery shop and loved it. Smooth draw and very quiet on the release. Can't wait to get it and start slingin more arrows. For the price, you won't find a better bow in my opinion.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Spike

i actually just ordered one, unfortunatly it would have had to drive a great distance to be able to shoot one before i bought i did lots and lots of research, 99% of the reviews were it was a great bow so i got one, i love the way if feels, draws nice, now just got to wait to get mine so i can shoot it