Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Quietest Forums Ever.... >

Quietest Forums Ever....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quietest Forums Ever....

Old 04-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Spike

Default Quietest Forums Ever....

Im sorry but this has got to be the quietest forums I have ever seen. Where is everyone?? This is the first time Ive been on here in a week and Im still seeing old threads at the top, with no new replies. Whats up with that??
Old 04-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

You haven't been around long. Can't explain it but I'm drawn to life histories. In particular their cause and effect. This site was once very popular, it's demise is a result of what went on before it. Knowing what causes the results is what interests me. If I had to sum it up it was because of a play ground mentality. There were once people here who formed a group that many on the out side tried to enter but because they didn't kiss those in the inner circles arse they were ridiculed. When those who held power were shown for what they were, childish, they picked up their toys and left.

The whole shallowness of the affair has lead to it's abandonment and unless I am wrong, I don't believe I am, the whole cycle will start all over again. It is an interesting life cycle that your seeing the beginning of. Some of the old play ground bullies are still here, just for fun see if you can pick them out.

Another huge reason is this site is put together by people who can't computer program. It's always got problems.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by nodog
You haven't been around long. Can't explain it but I'm drawn to life histories. In particular their cause and effect. This site was once very popular, it's demise is a result of what went on before it. Knowing what causes the results is what interests me. If I had to sum it up it was because of a play ground mentality. There were once people here who formed a group that many on the out side tried to enter but because they didn't kiss those in the inner circles arse they were ridiculed. When those who held power were shown for what they were, childish, they picked up their toys and left.

The whole shallowness of the affair has lead to it's abandonment and unless I am wrong, I don't believe I am, the whole cycle will start all over again. It is an interesting life cycle that your seeing the beginning of. Some of the old play ground bullies are still here, just for fun see if you can pick them out.

Another huge reason is this site is put together by people who can't computer program. It's always got problems.
That is truely a shame. I sure do like this site, and I hope everything gets to running smooth again.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!!! You hit the nail right on the head!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

exactly what happened. its a shame. i've seen a lot of people come and go here. some i miss ther posts and others i can do without
Old 04-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, this used to be a BIG and very active forum but these days it's a ghost town.

It seems that the only forum that still stays busy is Archerytalk
Old 04-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

I have heard and not sure that the HNI people are writing a book on how to run a website in the ground. First off, ban all top posters. Second delete the most popular forums, and then bring it back. Yea, that will teach everyone. Then make it the slowest forum on the net.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BCRules
I have heard and not sure that the HNI people are writing a book on how to run a website in the ground. First off, ban all top posters. Second delete the most popular forums, and then bring it back. Yea, that will teach everyone. Then make it the slowest forum on the net.
Guessing you've been banned before?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

atleast they have plenty of adds to make up for the absent posters.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to post all the time here, there was a lot of stuff happening in all the forums and you could almost feel a connection to the people. Many people called each other by first names and such. I left right around the time they switched to this new company. This place is nothing like it used to be. No where even close. I got banned once, kinda like a purple heart if you ask me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.