Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The New Hoyt Carbon Element VS. The Mathews X7 >

The New Hoyt Carbon Element VS. The Mathews X7

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The New Hoyt Carbon Element VS. The Mathews X7

Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 05-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Really,Life magazine. Nice try.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews is Life.....
Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
Mathews is Life.....
Typical mathews fanboy response.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, Fanboys unite.....

I've shot the Z7 and the Carbon Element, I wouldn't even look at a Z7 Extreme because it's too damn short for an adult shooter... Bowtech sells speeds, Mathews sells SHORT bows, near as I can tell the only one left of the "Big 3" sells functional bows. That may sound biased to some, but when comparing the selection available from the 3 (I left out Bear, Ross, PSE, and a few others, but they are not quite in the conversation when talking about the "Big 3"), Hoyt has the MOST to offer, especially when you start looking at LONG DRAW bows. I personally didn't like the Carbon Element that much, better than a Z7, but not as "great" as I'd expected from the hype.

Each of us must choose the "right bow" on our own based upon our personal feel. For me it's a tough sell that anything on the market is any better than the custom set-up I'm shooting right now. Maybe this fall, when the '12's come out something will impress me, but for now, I'm quite please with what I have.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIONBn4Vs40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-np...feature=fvwrel
Old 05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

With all due respect, the maxxis is not an element. I had a maxxis 31 and AM 35. I sold the maxxis. Imo, not one of hoyts better offerings. The element, on the other hand is the best hunting bow I have shot. And I get more impressed with it everyday.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 AM
Spike

If I had a 28" draw I would have bought the Hoyt CRX with the #3 cams, I really liked the draw cycle on it felt the best of any bow I shot. But, since my mom is a midget and I get that end of the stick I have a 27" draw and the CRX with the Hoyt #2 cams didn't feel nearly as good.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DrHouse
If I had a 28" draw I would have bought the Hoyt CRX with the #3 cams, I really liked the draw cycle on it felt the best of any bow I shot. But, since my mom is a midget and I get that end of the stick I have a 27" draw and the CRX with the Hoyt #2 cams didn't feel nearly as good.

I 2nd that on the Hoyt CRX. I like the carbon Element for a few reasons. Its a great shooting bow and I do like the uniqueness. Its lighter and wont be cold to the touch in the winter. BUT, after shooting the CRX and knowing its price is considerable less, I would have to say shoot that HOYT CRX before you decide.

That CRX is a smooth shooter and a great deal in that price range.

But, on the other hand I always believe in getting what you want or you will not be happy. If you have the cash for the Element and a couple hundred to add on sights, rest, etc then I would go with that bow.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default Preference

I own both, bought the Z7 last year when it came out after shooting the Drenalin. I took 10 deer this past season with the Z7 --- and was pretty much die-hard Mathews. The Element (and previous Matrix) got my attention (thru the massive marketing) and decided to try it at my local range and really liked it. The draw cycles are totally different. The Mathews tends to feel like a deeper and quicker valley, the Element is a bit more gradual. The big difference is the wall at full draw, the Z7 is a bit more forgiving, the Element is tight. I like both appreciate the differences. I like having the option of a shorter bow for small ground blinds (Z7) and the slightly longer (and lighter) length in the Element for still hunting and tree stands. Also, the grips are wholly unique...Z7 has a thicker wood handle, Element is rubber and narrow, which feels different when wearing heavier gloves. Both are great bows, and I agree that the power of marketing and brand loyalty can have a powerful effect on our individual psyches. Both bows chrono about the same @ 70 lbs, I shoot a heavier arrow at 440 gr, but I get great speed @ around 280-285 fps. Try both, see what suits YOU, not what others say...your downed trophy doesn't know the difference.

Last edited by txhunter71; 05-17-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.