HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bowhunting for SQUIRRELS! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/343668-bowhunting-squirrels.html)

Squirrel Hunter 04-21-2011 09:04 AM

Bowhunting for SQUIRRELS!

Anyone ever stuck a squirrel with an arrow?!

Whats the biggest squirrel you got?

Was it a one hit kill?!

Squirrel Hunter is my name, and squirrel hunting is my game!!

TheSquirrelHunter.com

burniegoeasily 04-21-2011 10:57 AM

I kill them all the time in my back yard. Ill be out shooting my longbows and when a squirrel comes by, Ill smack it with a blunt. I wouldnt mind the guys hanging out around my place, except they chew everthing up. Ive had to rewire my workshop, office, and big shop because of the bas%Q$ds. Not to mention they chew up my boat covers, camper, lawn furniture etc.. They ruin everything around my place.

As for biggest, they are all about the same size.

TakemDrake 04-21-2011 04:54 PM

that how I learned to hunt. Hiding in the bushes with my little yellow bear bow.

peeker 04-21-2011 05:06 PM

Tree rat huntin with a bow is a blast. Kinda sucks when you stick one to a tree with a field point though. Not one of my brighter moves. You should try whistle pig with a bow sometime. That's fun too.

Bailsuk 04-22-2011 12:34 PM

My first Trad bow kill was a Squiirrel , I got him in Colorado and I have to admit , it was a proud moment for myself :) 15yd shot = dead centre

louie6014 05-12-2011 07:21 AM

Shot several with a judo point. Blows a shot gun hole in them. They make great trail camera varmit bait... aparently racoons like them, just recently found out I got a nice red fox around also...

BigBuck95 05-17-2011 03:09 PM

A friend of mine and I decided to try to sharpen up our shooting by doing this. So we walked around the mountain where we hunt, only to get 1 shot (well, one shot my friend got. I got none). It was about a thirty yard shot at a squirrel sitting on a branch at about thigh level. He missed JUST RIGHT and buried it into a tree. Took us a half our, a trip back to his house, and a knife to get it out. Never tried it again...lol

fishintay 05-26-2011 12:28 PM

I Squirell hunt every year right before bow season starts to sharpen my hunting and shooting skills.

johnch 06-11-2011 05:51 PM

I cheat
I have a old ladder stand in a stand of oaks
To wide open , never see deer there any more

But tons of tree rats
I toss a few ears of corn on the ground every time I pass it

When I want to hunt tree rats
I toss a few ears of corn out in front of the stand
As they come in for the corn
I shoot down on them and stick them to the ground

No loosing arrows

Biggest ........I have gotten a number of nice fox squirrels from the stand
But non were trophy sized LOL

John

South33 06-11-2011 06:40 PM

In the summer I chase ground hogs all over the state w/ my bow. I use Easton Varmint heads & it is an awesome way to pass time. 8]

-South