Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowhunting for SQUIRRELS! >

Bowhunting for SQUIRRELS!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting for SQUIRRELS!

Old 06-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Son took this one last year and just shot another day before yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails Bowhunting for SQUIRRELS!-b.s.02-11.jpg  
Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot at 2 different squirrels while Bow Hunting for Deer,I always keep a feild-point tipped arrow in my quiver in case of a squirrel encounter....first time I shot between 2 large tree trunks...missed a little to the left and it stuck in the tree,like to never pulled that arrow out!Second time I was up about 25 feet in my climber...got bored and tired of seeing all those mangy squirrels running around so I shot at another one on the ground...missed him too and when I looked up 3 Doe's took off running that were headed right towards my stand in the upper Ridge Field....I quit shooting at squirrels while Deer Hunt from then on!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:05 AM
Fork Horn

One of the best ways to sharpen your shooting skills. I go a step further in shooting. I consider a miss if I hit anything but a head shot. We started this in our club on rabbits. We would have to pitch in a dollar for every rabbit shot anyplace else but the head. Squirrels just have a smaller head. LOL BTW the dollar was to pay for the meal extras.