Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what' s the funniest thing you' ve seen while hunting

Old 07-30-2003, 11:14 AM

Default RE: what' s the funniest thing you' ve seen while hunting

Two years ago I had a doe and a fawn milling around in front of me and I saw the doe lift her tail and thought that the turds would start trickling out, when all of a sudden she really let one rip!! :-) I couldn' t keep from laughing from that one!!
Old 07-30-2003, 05:02 PM

i have just two stupid things: the one time i saw to button bucks fighting. they were up on their hind legs hitting each other cause they had no horns to hit. i thought it was pretty funny. that same day, those button bucks were under my stand, a flock of turkey came in. after missing one at like 25 yards, they moved onto the acorn patch 50 yards away. i watched as the deer were chasing the turkeys all over the place. it seemed like the deer were only picking on like 2 birds. they did it about 4 or 5 times...it was pretty funny
Old 07-30-2003, 06:32 PM

Ive got two .. 2 years ago during turkey season we hunted on some cow pastures.. of course there were cows.. and there was one cow that I was always leary of you could tell he was not happy with the camo or just didnt like me.. anyway I had a friend with me and I told him to just keep his eye on that cow because he was aggressive.. so later that morning we were headed to the truck when he turned around and said OH SH*T and started running.. well my assumption was that big cow was right behind us and I started running.. I glanced behind me to see what was there.. There was nothing there.. he just busted out laughing.. I couldnt help but laugh..

The second time it was that same guy, me and another buddy turkey hunting with us.. Well we were walking down a trail to get to a bottom when the same guy as above grabed a stiff limb without our other friend looking and smacked him REALLY hard against the calf. Well the guy jumped 3 feet in the air and screamed like a girl because he thought he had been bitten by a snake.. *LOL*
Old 07-30-2003, 07:05 PM

When I was younger I had a spike come in right under my stand and I made the decision to pass a deer for the first time. Afterr watching him a while I had to try out my new grunt call, so I let out a small grunt when he was about 10 yards past me. He jumped and took off, I thought he was gone but he dove headfirst into a brushpile about 45 yards away and hid with only his head visible. He stayed there real still for about 10 minutes and started to get out, I grunted again and he hunkered back into the brush. After a few minutes he came out and didnt waste much time getting where he was going. I guess he didnt want anything to do with a bigger buck, he looked hilarious trying to hide in thebrushpile[8D]
Old 07-30-2003, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

I was elk hunting along Taneum Ridge in Eastern Washington when I came eye to eye [less than 15 inches] with a mature Badger basking on a pile of timber logs. We must have each seen each other at around the same time. He started growling at me and started fiercely knashing his SHARP teeth and growling at me. Since I was too close to shoot and didn' t dare move lest he attack, all I could think to do was knash my teeth and growl back at him.

We hissed and growled at each other for nearly ten minutes before he tired of the challenge, turned and waddled off the logs and out of sight.

WHEW!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:59 PM

one time in my stand i was watchin a squirrel about 5 feet away on a limb when all of a sudden i heard a loud screetch and looked just to see a huge red tailed hawk come through an opening at the squirrel who let out some god awful noise and jumped just in the right time to miss the hawk who then hit a branch and got tangled in it for a few seconds i was laughin so hard
Old 07-31-2003, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

This one time in Band Camp, oh this supposed to be a Hunting story Oh well
Old 07-31-2003, 08:36 PM

About five years ago I was hunting from a stand without much action going on, so I was watching a hawk cruise through the woods looking for supper. He was zipping through the woods about six feet off the ground and after a few passes he was heading directly for the tree that I was in. I leaned over to see what he was after under my stand just in time for him to go verticle and land on my knee. I had my hand resting on my leg and instinctively drew it back. He sat there for a few seconds, trying to figure out what the movement had been. Finally he flew about ten feet over and sized me up for a couple of minutes then went on about his business.

Must be good cammo.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was hunting in the mountains near the west virginia border, using a ground blind i had created from rocks and brush in the area. just after sunrise i heard a noise coming in from my left, sounded like a couple of deer to me so i got ready. much to my surprise it was a black bear. it came to a screeching halt about 30 yards from me and was sitting on its rear behind a small pine tree. i guess the wind must have changed and he caught my scent. anyways, he did not want to cross the small clearing in from of me. finally i said " hey, you better get your rear out of here" now he could not determine where the voice was coming from. again i repeated it and he still did not move. finally, i yelled out " hey, you better get your black arse out of here" and he did. had the crosshairs between his eyes all this time.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Once while in my treestand I spotted a chipmunk searching for food in the leaves. He would pop his head out and look to see all is well I would just move my foot and he would pick up on the motion and would duck back under a hole between rocks for protection against Hawks I guess. After about a minute or two he would pop his head out and again I would shuffle my foot, This went on for about 20 minutes untill I finally got tired of the game. He kept me company for hours.

Quick Reply: what' s the funniest thing you' ve seen while hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.