Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Dressing my new Z7 Xtreme which drop away rest? >

Dressing my new Z7 Xtreme which drop away rest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dressing my new Z7 Xtreme which drop away rest?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Dressing my new Z7 Xtreme which drop away rest?

Well my wife surprised the heck outta me coming home from her Dr's appointment yesterday....she brought home a new Z7 Xtreme for me!!!!! I love her so much!!!! So, now I'm dressing it. I have my sight picked out (Trophy Ridge Micro Mantis vertical 5 pin sight), my stabilizer is gonna be an Axion 6" damper stabilizer, but I'm having trouble deciding on a drop away rest. I've done the Muzzy Zero Effect (loved it), the Trophy Taker Shakey (loved it too), and the QAD drop away (was ok). What's everybody elses pic for best drop away? Wld love for any input possible......
Old 03-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Spike

Id go with a Rip Cord.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:05 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a NAP Apache rest for my monster, it's a very sturdy drop-away and easy to set up. It has like a foam liner so it doesn't make any noise. I went with a HHA sight, i love it and with the speed of the monster gives me, i don't need to move it all the time. I set it for 30yds and i good out to 33yds. Since i wear glasses i was getting really bad halo effect around multipe pins. Sorry, starting to ramble on.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Ripcord Code Red has been a great performer on my Z7. However, that being said, I honestly like the way the QAD allows you arrow to remain in the "upright" capture position during a slow let-off.

I recently received the brand new 2011 QAD HDX rest and I'm very impressed with it. In fact, there is little doubt that it will become one of 2011's best sellers!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

+1 - QAD Ultra Rest is my latest & I think it's great. I have nothing against the others, but the QAD is stupidly simple to set up, quiet, & nothing on it to break. Probably any big name rest will work, but I'm currently on the QAD bandwagon.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would not put anything on my personal bows but a Vapor Trail Limb Driver. Either the Limb Driver Pro or the New Pro V Full Capture model.

My second choice would be a Ripcord Code Red.

Top selling models are the Limb driver followed by the Ripcord.

You can spend more or less money but you will Not find a better rest than the VaporTrail Limb Driver, Easy to setup, no timing issues, and No fletch clearance problems.

Dan
Old 03-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Spike

Mathews Downforce
Old 03-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I would not put anything on my personal bows but a Vapor Trail Limb Driver. Either the Limb Driver Pro or the New Pro V Full Capture model.

My second choice would be a Ripcord Code Red.

Top selling models are the Limb driver followed by the Ripcord.

You can spend more or less money but you will Not find a better rest than the VaporTrail Limb Driver, Easy to setup, no timing issues, and No fletch clearance problems.

Dan

I'm considering putting a Limbdriver on a new Elite and was curious about how well the rest holds your arrow? This bow is being set up for hunting.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome rest LD holds the arrow just fine
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The downforce is a nice option and will match your bow with the broadhead guard with harmonic dampener.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.