HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Gold Tips, GRRRR. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/341280-gold-tips-grrrr.html)

huntingkidPA 03-02-2011 06:26 PM

Gold Tips, GRRRR.

i got a 6 pack of gold tip arrows, and guess what after shooting them 3 of them the knocks broke off upon it releasing the string, not the knocks coming out of the arrows, but almost shattering leaving peices still inside the arrows. Maybe the knocks are to small for the string but why im angry is that dicks wont replace them, they said its highly unlikely and then suggested i hit the arrows against each other striking the target. I even told them the pieces for broken knocks had landed at my feet, i'll be taking my buisness else where. i dont need to spend 40$ or so then not be able to get a refund when they break, and its not even my fault!!!!!
:nonono2::nonono2::nonono2::nonono2::nonono2:

Tekel 03-03-2011 04:42 AM

I shoot gold tips. Never any problems with the knocks. Last day I was out target shooting I had a fletching fly off mid flight.

Pope94/IA 03-03-2011 04:42 AM

It doesn't sound like it was the arrows fault.. It must be the nock or if your string is warn down alot it will make it thinner so your arrow wont fit as well.

I've shot the same exact brand of goldtips for over 6 years and I have never had a problem with them. IMO, they are the best carbon arrows out there.

Howler 03-03-2011 04:54 AM

Contact Goldtip and tell them of the problem. I had a dozen Gold Tips a few years ago that came with yellow nocks and I had several of them break, just as you discribe. When I contacted GoldTip, they told me to stop using that batch and sent me a dozen new nocks.
Apparently some of thier nocks are more britel and break easily.

MeanV2 03-03-2011 05:46 AM

Good Advice!

Get a hold of Gold Tip :)

Dan

Originally Posted by Howler (Post 3781226)
Contact Goldtip and tell them of the problem. I had a dozen Gold Tips a few years ago that came with yellow nocks and I had several of them break, just as you discribe. When I contacted GoldTip, they told me to stop using that batch and sent me a dozen new nocks.
Apparently some of thier nocks are more britel and break easily.

huntingkidPA 03-03-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA (Post 3781221)
It doesn't sound like it was the arrows fault.. It must be the nock or if your string is warn down alot it will make it thinner so your arrow wont fit as well.

I've shot the same exact brand of goldtips for over 6 years and I have never had a problem with them. IMO, they are the best carbon arrows out there.

yea i mean i love them they shoot great, but i will be making a call to them soon.

WisconsinBowHunter 03-05-2011 03:59 PM

I love gold tip arrows, have a dozen never had a problem with any part of the arrow, heck i even hit a rock with one (flexed it and checked for splintering) and i shoot it to this day.