Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Bow: Bowtech assassin or martin silencer >

New Bow: Bowtech assassin or martin silencer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow: Bowtech assassin or martin silencer

Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Spike

Default New Bow: Bowtech assassin or martin silencer

I am waiting on the the new martins to come into my local shop the old ones shot awsome and for the price they seem like a steal. But my problem is i shot the new 2011 assassin today and was blown away after i shot the dealer told me the price. These are the two bows i have narrowed my search to. Also if anyone has any suggestions on any mid range bows like these 2 im open for ideas. I can afford the top of the line bows but i dont see the big difference to pay 300 bucks more. if anyone has shot them both your input would be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Spike

Before you buy one try the Hoyt Rampage XT its priced right and shoots awesome. Most of the money difference between the low to high price is in the material used to build em.
Lower priced bows uasually get you a magnesium riser instead of machined aluminum and the higher priced gets you laminated limbs also the cams are typically different.

This doesnt mean the lower priced bows dont shoot good. I shot alot of inexpensive bows that shoot great. Most times they are just little louder and little more vibration but still very effective killin critters. Happy Huntin
Old 02-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Spike

I was really excited to shoot the rampage xt and was totally disappointed in it and all the new hoyts. I'm currently shooting a Hoyt trykon and I only paid like 500 bucks for it new! The draw on my old Hoyt blows away the new ones I was not impressed. The assassin I shot yesterday and was blown away. It way better all around than the rampage and I hate to say that.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bhtc53
I was really excited to shoot the rampage xt and was totally disappointed in it and all the new hoyts. I'm currently shooting a Hoyt trykon and I only paid like 500 bucks for it new! The draw on my old Hoyt blows away the new ones I was not impressed. The assassin I shot yesterday and was blown away. It way better all around than the rampage and I hate to say that.
I agree 100% the rampage is a hard draw, loud, and alot of vibration wouldn't give you 400 dollars for it. The assassin is smooth draw,quite, no vibration to speak of and I would give the 600 bucks for it and I'm not brand loyal. The pse bowmadness is just as nice as the assassin in my not so proffesional opinion.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't limit my search to 2 bows. Shoot everything you can get your hands on and take plenty of time making a decision.

I've never been a fan of Martin but to each their own

Dan
Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I heard Bowtech recently made some changes. Great step in the right direction.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

keep us informed, i too am looking at hard at the assassin
Old 02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Spike

Wednesday I'm going to get the assassin it's too good of a deal....... I will post pics once I get it.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Spike

the assassin is a smooth, quite bow.....the only thing i might suggest is an upgrade on some of the accessories, ie stabilizer.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 26" draw and currently own a 2006 Bowtech Equalizer. I am not brand name driven but I have had good sucess with the Equalizer and cannot comment on other brands. I just bought an assassin because I wanted to move to 70# pull. The assassin pulls easier than the equalizer, has a better back wall, is quiter, shorter ATA, and is very light. Set at 60# draw both shoot about the same. When I crank up the assassin all the way, it shoots much faster and the lack of arrow drop is very noticable. I did not check them on a chrono., but it is very noticable to me.
All in all the assassin is a VERY nice bow and affordable. Only drawback is that I got rid of the rest and got a drop away, but that is my personal preference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.