Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need Some Input from YOU guys. >

Need Some Input from YOU guys.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need Some Input from YOU guys.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Have you thought of a stabilizer camera?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

CLICKHERE_CAMERA

A buddy of mine has this one, video is great for mounting on your hat or treestand. Picture is clear.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Spike

best footage I've seen from this type of camera is a fore-arm mounted one. The stabiliser ones always shake on the shot but the forearm footage seems to be pretty good right thru the release.
A few guys in Aus use em as extras just to compliment their other footage for DVDs etc
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am an experienced videographer and can add a little insight for you. You do not want a camera mounted to your hat or anything else (bow?) that moves abruptly. This kind of motion serves no purpose but to make people dizzy watching the panning motion of the video. The only way around this is a ton of editing it all out. The video as a whole would be virtually worthless.

Panning should be done slowly and deliberately to be useable. This almost always calls for somebody else to video if you intend to be the shooter.

I do mostly underwater video (scuba diving) and this calls for many many hours of video editing and color correcting. It's hard enough to create a quality video without dealing with fast panning and zooming; something most people do too much of.

Last edited by BGfisher; 03-07-2011 at 08:59 AM.