Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What animals have you seen w/deer >

What animals have you seen w/deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What animals have you seen w/deer

Old 07-25-2003, 07:02 PM

Default What animals have you seen w/deer

I' m wondering what other animals you' ve seen along side of deer in the woods. I' ve actually seen seen 3 coyotes along side a nice 8 point and neither seemed to be bothering the other. Is this uncommon? I' ve seen this one other time with a smaller buck and a single coyote. I' ve also frequently seen turkeys and white tails feeding together in close proximity as well as deer and racoons together. I' ve seen deer cross through the middle of groups of cattle. But on the other hand, I' ve hunted in Texas where they have a lot of deer and also a lot of goat herds and never seen either within sight of the other.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What animals have you seen w/deer

I' ve frequently seen deer in the company of turkeys.
Feeding together and even following a flock of
turkeys through the woods.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:11 AM

this past year i saw yearling buck chace an armadillo for about 30 mins. and then they swaped up and the dilla chaced the deer
Old 07-26-2003, 04:48 AM

I have seen deer in the company of quail, turkeys, squirrels, and racoons.
Im sure there are others but these are the ones that come to mind.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since I' ve spent a lot of time hunting over feeders, I have seen just about everything when it comes to animal fellowship. Just as mentioned earlier deer have no problems with squirrels, racoons and turkeys. However, they do not like hogs, cattle, coyotes, bobcats, bears or fox. They will always keep a safe distance between themselves and potential predators. They especially will not come to a feeder if cattle or hogs are there feeding.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Toytaco,
Last year I had a porcupine in my bait pile when two button bucks came in and started to eat right next to it. Everything I have heard about that is deer won' t come in if a porcupine is around. The only thing I know is seeing is believing...
Old 07-30-2003, 06:47 AM

we see deer with cows all the time. our neighbor up the road has several cows and there is a nice buck that has lived in their pasture ever since he was small. last year he was a nice 8 ptr. and this year looks like a big 8 or nice 10. anyway he even sleeps in the barn with the cows. i guess he is just used to them and feels like he belongs. however, where he belongs is on my wall- i just havn' t had the chance to discuss it with him yet
Old 07-30-2003, 07:10 AM

Ive seen squirrels run right under a feeding deer. I also have a deercam pic of a possum eating five feet from the deer.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkeys and ducks. I' ve seen them in the presence of coons and foxes, they paid little attention to the coons, but kept an eye on the foxes but never ran. I watched a curious doe follow around a duck for several minutes just trying to sniff it and the duck kept waddling just ahead of the doe.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

I usually only see deer with turkeys in this area.

Quick Reply: What animals have you seen w/deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.