Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Bow?????

Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot all the Bows you can get your hands on! Shoot them long enough to let the Bow choose you.

There are several solid choices out there Hoyt being one. Maitland is an up and comer. If you can get your hands on one shoot it!

Rob is a perfectionist! I look for great things from them over the coming years.

Dan
Old 02-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Spike

ok thanks guys i will be looking to go to a few different shops and shoot some bows. Do you guys know if a place like gander mountain will let you test there bows before your purchase one
Old 02-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

For your price range, the new BowTech Assasian would be an awesome choice! You'd also still have money left to buy arrows and accessories!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

What State are You located in Dano?We have several Private Owned Archery Shops around here in Missouri that I would reccomend going to,they usually let You shot several of their brands they carry and give some great tips and info on taking care of their Bows!

As a few mentioned I would try shooting as many Bows as possible to see which ones You like the best,the PSE and Matthews are good choices and they both seem to have some really nice and fast shooting bows!Another one to consider is Elite Archery,they carry the "Judge" and the Z28 just to name a few.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Spike

i am gonna have to check that out. Im gonna have to see where a dealer is near me. Thanks alot
Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
For your price range, the new BowTech Assasian would be an awesome choice! You'd also still have money left to buy arrows and accessories!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Spike

I live in Cincinnati Ohio well north of cincy but you get the point. I wish i lived in Missouri ive been out there and you have some great land. Where i live farms are turning into a bunch of houses. but thats slowed down since the need for houses went down.

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
What State are You located in Dano?We have several Private Owned Archery Shops around here in Missouri that I would reccomend going to,they usually let You shot several of their brands they carry and give some great tips and info on taking care of their Bows!

As a few mentioned I would try shooting as many Bows as possible to see which ones You like the best,the PSE and Matthews are good choices and they both seem to have some really nice and fast shooting bows!Another one to consider is Elite Archery,they carry the "Judge" and the Z28 just to name a few.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

If i was you id try both Hoyt and Mathews, Ive got an old Hoyt Viper 2 and im gonna move up this summer to a Mathews XLR8. Regardless what you get im sure you will be happy, just about all of the major brands make great bows now. Hoyt, Mathews, Quest, PSE, ect...
Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dano, I sent you a PM. Check it out!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Spike

Don't pic two companys go to the bow shop and shoot several different bows. Finding the perfect bow is like finding a perfect shoe they feel different to different people. Most important thing is compfort and ease of the cams. If your bow works for you now then weight untill you have a cople hundred more dollars and shoot some high end bows to. I shot a Jennings carbon extream for quite a while and it was one of the first dual cam bows ever. I was looking for a new bow in 2006 and found my special order 80# bowtech allegence. I love it but have to say the mathewes switchback was smoother yet the bowtech felt better in my hand.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 09 admiral that I am thinking of parting with for 650

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.