Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Bow?????

Old 02-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Spike

Default What Bow?????

So ive been hunting for three years. When i first started i bought a cheep bow and it gets the jb done but i need a new one. What would you suggest. I want a compound bow with a 70 pound draw weight and im 19 years old so what would fit me best. Ive thought about PSE and Mathews but which one specificly is a good bow for whitetail deer hunting?
Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

how tall are you? what is you wingspan? do you have a specific price range? Is there a good pro shop near you where you can try out the bows before you buy them?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jicand
how tall are you? what is you wingspan? do you have a specific price range? Is there a good pro shop near you where you can try out the bows before you buy them?
im 6 feet 1 inch my price range probably 650 or less. and as far as pro shops. i have bass pro (i dont like very much), gander mountain and thats about it as far as i know
Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Dano879
im 6 feet 1 inch my price range probably 650 or less. and as far as pro shops. i have bass pro (i dont like very much), gander mountain and thats about it as far as i know
find a family owned bow shop or a professional one, thats where i have found to find the most intelligent people about hunting/bowhunting. one time i went to dicks to get an arrow replacement and an old lady told me to shoot aluminums for practice and hunt with carbons! i just said no thanks and walked out.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

love my Hoyt...Alpha Max 32...
321 FPS
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Check out the new 2011 Elite bows! you wont regret it
Old 02-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Fork Horn

HOyt maxxis 31 My two cents
Old 02-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

You ask a question like this, and some will tell you to buy this bow, or that bow. Which is natural, because most love their bows. There are alot of great bows on the market right now. You really can't go wrong with any the brands. The competition amongst manufacturers is so high, its brought out the best in most all them.
So what I suggest is go to anyplace you can around you, Bass Pro, and Gander like said. Shoot different models, and brands. My first thing is how does the grip feel in my hand. You'll find thats where alot of difference is. Then I like to check a bows balance. Hold it out , and see how it steadies in hand, if tilts forward or back. Then I just look at the bow overall, how vertical to limbs is the string, the clearance on bow shelf. Look down it like where arrow should sit. Just those types little things. Then of course the specs: Length, brace height, draw weight, adjustable draw lengths, single or dual- binary cam system. Of course ask to shoot it, see how it feels. Any vibrations at shot. Then make your pick.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
You ask a question like this, and some will tell you to buy this bow, or that bow. Which is natural, because most love their bows. There are alot of great bows on the market right now. You really can't go wrong with any the brands. The competition amongst manufacturers is so high, its brought out the best in most all them.
So what I suggest is go to anyplace you can around you, Bass Pro, and Gander like said. Shoot different models, and brands. My first thing is how does the grip feel in my hand. You'll find thats where alot of difference is. Then I like to check a bows balance. Hold it out , and see how it steadies in hand, if tilts forward or back. Then I just look at the bow overall, how vertical to limbs is the string, the clearance on bow shelf. Look down it like where arrow should sit. Just those types little things. Then of course the specs: Length, brace height, draw weight, adjustable draw lengths, single or dual- binary cam system. Of course ask to shoot it, see how it feels. Any vibrations at shot. Then make your pick.
This was very helpful thanks so is there any bow company that i should really avoid. A company that just makes junk.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chuck7
love my Hoyt...Alpha Max 32...
321 FPS
So tell me more about hoyt ive heard of them alot just never seen one or shot one. Why do you like the bow whats great about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.