Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test >

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test

Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

How about this for a tune?

Paper tune

Or how about broadhead and field point at 22 yards.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

The torture test is great but they shoot too.

OH,and for those wondering,the feathers ARE the Mean V feathers I special ordered.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the new Bow!! I shot one and was very very impressed.

Here's a review Greg/MO made of the feathers in question. He is a Mod and long time respected member of HNI http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...ve-winner.html

Jeff as far as BowTech making changes it seems you are badly misinformed as usual. I resigned because IMHO Customer Service had slid to levels that were unacceptable to me. I had talked about this problem last year and was considering resigning but was assured they knew of the pronlem and were making moves to correct it. I did Not feel like they did so I left, my decision. I was not the only one to resign from staff or from the company itself. They lost another Top Employee by resignation this week.

Dan

Originally Posted by TFOX
Not to get into the pissing match but I like to think I have a little knowledge of this game and I can say without a doubt that Mean V sells feathers that have bases on par with Tru Flight and most will say they are the industry standard.Atleast this is "MY" experience with his feathers.(this is not to say BC didn't get a bad batch)

He even sold me feathers that were not listed on his web site after I made a call and told him what "I" wanted.He had Just enough and sent them to me and were sent out the same day at no extra charge.

I don't know Dan other than here and I see him standing up for what "he" believes.I have no issues with his customer service or products but I can see where personalities could clash on the net.

But hey,I have my new Element now and it is freaking awesome.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sweet!!!

How about this for a tune?

Paper tune

Or how about broadhead and field point at 22 yards.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea,I was pleasantly surprised.This has been the usual For me and Hoyt over the years but last years bow just wouldn't tune like this and I was really hesitant to get another short A-A bow but after looking at the subtle changes they made,I was fairly confident they had resolved the issues "I" had.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Todd, I talked to Greg after I shot the Element and I told him "I don't care how much Hoyt sells the Element for they are going to sell a ton of them this year"

I'm waiting on some Maitland Retributions to make it here and depending on how I like them after shooting one. My personal bow will either be an Element or a Retribution

Heck if work picks up I might just have both!

Dan

Yea,I was pleasantly surprised.This has been the usual For me and Hoyt over the years but last years bow just wouldn't tune like this and I was really hesitant to get another short A-A bow but after looking at the subtle changes they made,I was fairly confident they had resolved the issues "I" had.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Todd, I talked to Greg after I shot the Element and I told him "I don't care how much Hoyt sells the Element for they are going to sell a ton of them this year"

I'm waiting on some Maitland Retributions to make it here and depending on how I like them after shooting one. My personal bow will either be an Element or a Retribution

Heck if work picks up I might just have both!

Dan

They knew that and still dropped the price $400 this year.kudos to them.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Dan:

I don't really give a rat's ass why you're gone.

IMHO Customer Service had slid to levels that were unacceptable to me.
You say you're happy.....and I'm sure they are. I couldn't care less.

But, do these new bowtech concerns mean you and bigbulls are seeing other people, now?

Last edited by GMMAT; 02-20-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, I guess if a person is planning on buying a new bow, they should should take into account Bowtech's poor customer service and make their purchase accordingly. What good is buying a bow like the Destroyer if the customer support is crappy.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

So, How about them Carbon Matrixs? Just checked this post and saw the violent explosion it has become....MeanV2, Thanks the post compliment. Let's try to keep this on the bows eh?

Oh, and BigCountryExtreme and MeanV2, try not to kill each other throught the rest of this thread please