Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test >

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Torture Test

Old 02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Spike

I just recently ordered my new Hoyt Carbon Matrix and im not paying 1600..950 out the door for mine. I think Hoyt is one of the best bows made but IMO every bow company makes a good bow, if they didn't they wouldn't be on the market. Almost every bow out there has been put through some sort of torture test and has surpassed. I don't think if you run over any cam its going to survive, and if you dont think this test Hoyt did wouldnt possibly damage the cam your blind, because yes they are testing the riser strength, but when they push that bow across the concrete and its digging into the asphalt is hurting more than the riser. But i still think this bow can fail just like every other bow. It all comes down to how well do you take care of your equipment. I still have a High country bow that is over 20 years old that i bow fish with and it shoots just as good as any new bow on the market.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
Or hang around people that do not use the proper press. Dealers I know are tad smarter than this. Are they not in your area?
You would be amazed at some of the absolute stupidity I have seen in shops.And even more out of the general public.

I have been at this for MANY years and have seen way more stupid stuff than i would like to remember.

Hell,just read some of the threads posted and you can get an idea.

I even bought a bow from a shop for 100 bucks because they bent the riser.I took it home and straightened it,shot it a few months then sold it.

I just saw on another web site a question about how to set up a fall away properly and someone that works in a shop is completely wrong about his suggestion and told others that they were wrong.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Guess I have been lucky. When I first got a press, I had the economy type Apple for highly deflexed long limbs. The ones that would bend that riser. But all my bows were deflexed limbs like PSE had in the late 90's like my carrera and mojove. Then when I went to parallel limbs with bowtech, it was clear it wouldn't work. Nevermind bending a riser, it just wouldn't work, and went to the apple presses that that the fingers to compress the main end of the limbs.

I think I ended up giving my old press away. Couldn't sell it when the new limbs came out.

In my opinion, I think the riser like I have on my alphamax is a very stiff riser.

All I am saying on this thread is they were cool videos, but I and others expressed ways to really impress us.

And I have no idea how, but it turned into folks trying to say, I think hoyts reputation needs proving, and trying to tell me that hoyt doesn't need to do any more. Nothing can be further from the truth. If hoyt keeps up what they been doing, they will keep me a customer for decades to come. Just typical crap from the typical people. I pray hoyt doesn't offer him a position. Thats all I can say.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

bc extreme, have I missed something or do you have a serious problem with Mean V?
Old 02-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
bc extreme, have I missed something or do you have a serious problem with Mean V?
Not sure what part you have in it. But it appears he has more problem with me. We have discussed it several times in PM. I will stay away from his posts, and he would mine. It was that simple.

So what if I would like to see a dry fire test or an extreme test on cams and limbs. Thats my business. If I would like to see it, I would like to see it.

That guy has ran more people away from BT bows than anyone on the net.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ben,
I have no idea who this guy is. As you can see his join date was Dec 2010 and he has never PM'ed me period.

He sure seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I guess he could be someone that has been banned and came back with a new ID. Other than that I don't know him at all unless it's from another forum.

As you can see from my posts I never attacked him but he sure came after me like I insulted his mother.

I really don't have anytime for such foolishness anymore and have pretty much learned to say my peace and then push the ITI button

Dan

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
Old 02-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Ben,
I have no idea who this guy is. As you can see his join date was Dec 2010 and he has never PM'ed me period.

He sure seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I guess he could be someone that has been banned and came back with a new ID. Other than that I don't know him at all unless it's from another forum.

As you can see from my posts I never attacked him but he sure came after me like I insulted his mother.

I really don't have anytime for such foolishness anymore and have pretty much learned to say my peace and then push the ITI button

Dan
Thanks horton for showing the board your honesty and integrity. I guess they can be judge on if you know me or not.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

The more things change.....the more they stay the same.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Captain O.

Just typical crap from the typical people.
I guess that's what threw me, I didn't recognize you as one of the typical people, unless you have an alternate name.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd be happy to personally buy you a string suppressor, if you'll just lose the man crush. You could save face and still get a freebie.

Last edited by GMMAT; 02-10-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.