Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hello, new here and to bow hunting, pics added >

Hello, new here and to bow hunting, pics added

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hello, new here and to bow hunting, pics added

Old 01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Spike

It sounds like a nice bow. Hope you enjoy and have fun with your new bow
Old 01-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned above, The first thing I would do is make sure your draw length is correct. Check to make sure the peep sight is in the correct spot on the string. If I were you I would bring it to a good proshop to have them verify the draw length and peep site alignment. Then they can check to be sure the arrow is coming out of the bow straight as well.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Spike

Thanks for all the tips, I am going to my local bow shop today after work and see if they can help me set up the bow to suit me. Thanks

Matt
Old 01-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Spike

Here are a couple of pics of my bow. I havent made it to the bow shop yet but will next week.
Attached Thumbnails Hello, new here and to bow hunting, pics added-bow1_picture.jpg   Hello, new here and to bow hunting, pics added-bow2_picture.jpg  
Old 01-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Looks a whole lot like mine..Super nice bow..at least a 500.00 package...probably more..

Mine shoots like a rifle..LOL still working on the 40 yder...

Honestly...my bow shop man messed mine up..I had to retune it when I got home...He was at the Big Buck Expo and did a hurry up job...I had to raise the string loop...He probably didn't take in account the drop away rest..that needs to be up when tuning..That was really all I had to do..I carefully lossened the knot..used a level and slid the string loop in the right place..This bow is flat out deadly.

and fast...