Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Archers Advantage - Opinions Please? >

Archers Advantage - Opinions Please?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archers Advantage - Opinions Please?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Archers Advantage - Opinions Please?

How many have used this to set up you bow? What do you think about it. Is it accurate?
Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is a very good program and it is accurate as long as the data entered is accurate.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

It will give you a starting point. The bow will tell you what arrow it likes. Most of these programs give you an arrow that is too stiff. They have a huge safety margin built in.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

wow ive never heard of that, went and checked it out, very cool. google archers advantage and check out the stuff yall
Old 01-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
wow ive never heard of that, went and checked it out, very cool. google archers advantage and check out the stuff yall
Check out software for archers on target 2. It is much better.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Michael396
Check out software for archers on target 2. It is much better.
I disagree.AA is a much better program,more accurate and can be calibrated to your setup much easier and much more user friendly.But that is my opinion.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TFOX
I disagree.AA is a much better program,more accurate and can be calibrated to your setup much easier and much more user friendly.But that is my opinion.
On target 2 can be calibrated to your set up as well. As for being more accurate, I have to disagree with that. AA is a little more user friendly for some folks though. You still can't be a good pro shop though.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Michael396
On target 2 can be calibrated to your set up as well. As for being more accurate, I have to disagree with that. AA is a little more user friendly for some folks though. You still can't be a good pro shop though.

You can't calibrate OT2 according to the speeds your particular setup produces.Sure you can slide the performance bar but how do you know where to put it? Sure you can change what speeds the bow shoots in the program but it does not change the spine choices.

AA uses actual bow performance such as actual speeds the bow produces.OT2 only uses cam style,such as hard,medium, soft and now extra hard cam(which they didn't used to use )I even talked to them about it and complained that some of the newer cam styles/bows were too hard for their program but they disagreed,then came out with a new cam style. Coincidence? maybe

Last edited by TFOX; 01-27-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
You can't calibrate OT2 according to the speeds your particular setup produces.Sure you can slide the performance bar but how do you know where to put it? Sure you can change what speeds the bow shoots in the program but it does not change the spine choices.
You slide the performance bar until the calculated speed matches the measured speed, then it is calibrated. Once you get the performance bar in the right spot then the spine choices are accurate.

I do think AA is much easier to use and setup but I don't think one is necessarily better than the other. I have both and, when set up correctly, they both give me the same result.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 AM
Banned

I have both, and like both. But AA seems a bit more accurate.
but fo the regular guy, ontarget is good too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.