HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Archers Advantage - Opinions Please? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/338943-archers-advantage-opinions-please.html)

jrfrmn 01-23-2011 10:21 PM

Archers Advantage - Opinions Please?

How many have used this to set up you bow? What do you think about it. Is it accurate?

brucelanthier 01-24-2011 08:03 AM

It is a very good program and it is accurate as long as the data entered is accurate.

Michael396 01-24-2011 10:23 AM

It will give you a starting point. The bow will tell you what arrow it likes. Most of these programs give you an arrow that is too stiff. They have a huge safety margin built in.

scottycoyote 01-24-2011 04:38 PM

wow ive never heard of that, went and checked it out, very cool. google archers advantage and check out the stuff yall

Michael396 01-25-2011 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by scottycoyote (Post 3763267)
wow ive never heard of that, went and checked it out, very cool. google archers advantage and check out the stuff yall

Check out software for archers on target 2. It is much better.

TFOX 01-25-2011 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Michael396 (Post 3763932)
Check out software for archers on target 2. It is much better.

I disagree.AA is a much better program,more accurate and can be calibrated to your setup much easier and much more user friendly.But that is my opinion.:wink:

Michael396 01-26-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by TFOX (Post 3763987)
I disagree.AA is a much better program,more accurate and can be calibrated to your setup much easier and much more user friendly.But that is my opinion.:wink:

On target 2 can be calibrated to your set up as well. As for being more accurate, I have to disagree with that. AA is a little more user friendly for some folks though. You still can't be a good pro shop though.

TFOX 01-27-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Michael396 (Post 3764064)
On target 2 can be calibrated to your set up as well. As for being more accurate, I have to disagree with that. AA is a little more user friendly for some folks though. You still can't be a good pro shop though.

You can't calibrate OT2 according to the speeds your particular setup produces.Sure you can slide the performance bar but how do you know where to put it? Sure you can change what speeds the bow shoots in the program but it does not change the spine choices.

AA uses actual bow performance such as actual speeds the bow produces.OT2 only uses cam style,such as hard,medium, soft and now extra hard cam(which they didn't used to use )I even talked to them about it and complained that some of the newer cam styles/bows were too hard for their program but they disagreed,then came out with a new cam style. Coincidence? maybe:)

brucelanthier 01-28-2011 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by TFOX (Post 3765026)
You can't calibrate OT2 according to the speeds your particular setup produces.Sure you can slide the performance bar but how do you know where to put it? Sure you can change what speeds the bow shoots in the program but it does not change the spine choices.

You slide the performance bar until the calculated speed matches the measured speed, then it is calibrated. Once you get the performance bar in the right spot then the spine choices are accurate.

I do think AA is much easier to use and setup but I don't think one is necessarily better than the other. I have both and, when set up correctly, they both give me the same result.

bigcountryextreme 01-28-2011 05:34 AM

I have both, and like both. But AA seems a bit more accurate.
but fo the regular guy, ontarget is good too.